SimDirector Scenario Menus

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SimDirector Scenario Menus

Postby chrisdev01 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:23 pm

Hello:

I'm not sure that I've posted this in the correct forum; if not, moderators please feel free to move this topic to the appropriate sub-forum.

I've been flying the Milviz C310R in Prepar3d v4.2 with FlyInside 1.92 with great success.

I recently downloaded the Milviz 3C10R training "missions" from the Milviz website.

The missions are in legacy (*.flt) format.

I managed to successfully convert the missions to P3D "scenario" format (*.fxml).

The converted scenarios work great with one exception: The scenarios feature heavy use of popup menus (similar to the ATC window), where the user is required to select an answer for the scenario to continue / progress.

Unfortunately these Scenario Menus are not being rendered in VR; they are being shown on my primary monitor though.

I tried right-clicking the popup menu and "undocking," but that did not have any effect.

Unfortunately the "undocked" scenario window is not shown on the list of windows available to import on the FlyInside "Import Window" function.

Has anyone else had a problem getting scenario popup menus to render in VR?

The Milviz training scenarios are top-notch, but having to remove the HMD to respond to menu actions really breaks the immersion.

There are a few companies on the web that are selling training missions for P3D, but I'm not sure those will work within FlyInside either, given this scenario menu problem. If anyone has had success in the arena, I'd like to hear about it.

Most Respectfully,
Chris
chrisdev01

Re: SimDirector Scenario Menus

Postby Tony » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi Chris and welcome mate = if you open the ATC window from outside of a scenario, does it pop in for you ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: SimDirector Scenario Menus

Postby chrisdev01 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi Tony:

Yes, the ATC window works for me, both in the scenarios and outside of scenarios, no problem.

Using SimDirector, I looked for a way to make the popup menus modal, but unfortunately the properties available are few, and "modal" is not among the available property choices.

Also in SimDirector, I tried setting the menu's ZOrder property to 100 (top-most), but that did not work either.

I think the problem may be related to the scaleform object type that is used to create the popup menus.

On the Lockheed martin forums I see that only certain types of scaleform objects will render in VR, and that the problem is a known limitation.

I do not know enough about SimDirector to know if there's a way to get these menus to display in VR.

I'm thinking that making the menus a different type of scaleform object might be the right approach.

Interestingly, the "scenario complete" message does display in VR.
chrisdev01

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)