P3D hand-control questions

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D hand-control questions

Postby Ryan Arthur » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:18 am

Hi, apologies for the ignorance here I just need a few pointers.

Managed to get 15 mins on my new Rift last night, very much looking forward to trying FlyInside for P3D v4.

Great interface, really impressed with being able to have a chart window in the seat next to me, but I'm having trouble with knobs and switches in the VC with the Rift hand controllers. Admittedly I've only had a chance to try the FSX default C172 dragged over to P3D so it might be a model issue, but the heading bug for example I can't 'grab' and turn it as I'm sure I saw someone do in a demo video, but I can click it to turn one degree either way, which would take some time to press 180 times etc. The radio frequency adjustment idea is great, but when I try to raise or lower the frequency it changes so fast it's a blur and impossible to select the correct number.

Very early days and I'm sure it's just me not doing something right, but would appreciated a few hints to get this set up right.

Much appreciated,

Ryan.
Ryan Arthur

Re: P3D hand-control questions

Postby Tony » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi Ryan :)

Do you have the same issue on all aircraft you try mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Ryan Arthur » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:16 am

Still having trouble getting near it for the children.. It may be that I just havent set things up or learned how to use them properly.

Getting a lot of crashes these days, the 1001 addons probably don't help..

I'll get back to this topic once I've had the chance to test it some more.
Ryan Arthur

Postby sunjunkiesi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:48 pm

I don't know about Ryan, but I have also downloaded the demo and find it impossible to use p3d in VR. I have tried all sorts of aircraft, and most of them (a2a, milviz etc) the yoke can't be grabbed with the controllers. Most of the throttles/props or mixtures are around the wrong way (ie when you pull the throttle towards you it moves the opposite direction), switches and rotary dials can't be grabbed. All in all it's pretty disappointing stuff really. Not at all what I was expecting having downloaded your flight sim.
sunjunkiesi

Postby Ryan Arthur » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:09 am

Tony wrote:Hi Ryan :)

Do you have the same issue on all aircraft you try mate ?

I'll try a few more Tony. Life doesn't give me much time to get near this unfortunately. It's most likely me not setting or understanding the controls properly.

Also need a bigger/second graphics card... :(
Ryan Arthur

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)