No Blue Dot in Headset

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

No Blue Dot in Headset

Postby LecLightning58 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 am

I have recently purchased FlyInside for P3D v4 and like the way you can interact with the VC controls. Unfortunately I cannot access the FlyInside settings because the blue dot does not appear in the headset.

What is possibly stopping the blue dot from appearing?
LecLightning58

Re: No Blue Dot in Headset

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am

What headset are you using mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby LecLightning58 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 am

Tony wrote:What headset are you using mate ?

Tony, I appear to have got this problem sorted out. I am using an Oculus Rift S. It would appear that the FlyInside blue dot cannot coexist with the Oculus Touch Controllers. If I remove the batteries from the Oculus Controllers (there is no on/off switch), I can access the FlyInside menu with the blue dot. Then, selecting Bindings I simply assigned a joystick button to Enable/Disable Hand Tracking and I can now select the FlyInside Menu by disabling the Touch Controllers. Didn't seem obvious at first but problem resolved anyway!
LecLightning58

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:47 am

Ahhh sorry my bad, the controllers are the blue dot, ie the fingers. I don't use them myself as I have the HP Reverb and their controllers aren't the best lol let me know if you need any further help ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby IanL » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Posted here as it seemed the most related.

I hadn't used FSX for some time and found it was no longer working. So after trying countless attempts to fix it I deleted my old installation and reinstalled it. Problem solved.
I then downloaded the latest version of FlyInside FSX and installed it but I appear to have to have my Vive controllers active and use those on the opening menus, as any attempt to use my joystick buttons results in a pretty instant crash to the desktop with no errors and nothing recorded in the log file. The joystick then works as expected within flight.

I seem to recollect that I previously never powered up my controllers and simply used the joystick and the blue dot. Has something changed? Is this expected behaviour?
CPU: Intel i5 750 o/c 3.6GHz - GPU: GTX 1080 8GB VRAM - Mobo: ASUS P7P55D - RAM: 16GB DDR3 - Drive: 500GB SSD - OS: Win 10 x64 - Simulator: FSX - VR: HTC Vive + TPCast
IanL

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Can you try rolling back a version or 2 and let me know if it happens there? You may of found a bug??

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby IanL » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks for the reply Tony. I'll roll it back today and get back to you.
CPU: Intel i5 750 o/c 3.6GHz - GPU: GTX 1080 8GB VRAM - Mobo: ASUS P7P55D - RAM: 16GB DDR3 - Drive: 500GB SSD - OS: Win 10 x64 - Simulator: FSX - VR: HTC Vive + TPCast
IanL

Postby IanL » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:59 am

Tried rolling back to 1.95 ... exactly the same.

Did a clean re-install of 1.96 having deleted the user/appdata/roaming/flyinside folder.
Restarted the PC.
Started Tpcast and Steam VR.
Ran Flyinside.
It accepted joystick input all the way through the setup right up successfully activating it.
Restarted at this point and am presented with the Press any button to recenter screen.
Pressed button 2 which I had used previously (button 4 was chosen as the Interact button which also worked consistently).
Sound stops and I briefly see a waiting panel with FSX in it before it crashes back to my Steam home environment.
There is no error file generated, just the log file.

Same thing happens now using my Vive controllers. The minute I press a trigger it crashes, this previously worked.

The only thing I'm aware of changing since previously reporting this is the nVidia driver (now a 441.12).

At a loss here as to what do do.

[EDIT] Forgot to add I tried 1.92 too, but that failed to run at all. FSX itself runs without issue
IanL

Postby IanL » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:47 am

Uninstalled as clearly no longer working. It's a shame but at least I can still play FSX.
IanL

Postby severniae » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:34 am

I'm afraid to say it looks like Flyinside isn't viable any more
I've given it every chance I could but indefinite waiting for possible fixes is just too much. I even spoke to Dan but whilst he does say he's working on it, there is no time scale and it doesn't feel there is any sense of urgency.

I decided whilst waiting to try P3D native VR. After faffing with settings I have a setup that is actually very smooth - pair it with chase plane and actually the experience is very good. 2d gauges are easier to use than flyinside once you map the correct controls, and if using Oculus its easy to import desktop windows, or go to 'desktop' mode that is honestly more seem less than flyinside too.

It's a shame as I was an early supporter of this project and keen to see it progress but it seems work on yet another flight simulator that nobody wants has taken priority over established products.
severniae

Next

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)