FlyInside Update (mouse fix in thread 06th February 2020)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FlyInside Update (mouse fix in thread 06th February 2020

Postby Tony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 am

Yes mate and passed back to Dan ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby kje1940 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:59 am

Hi, Tony

Some news from Dan, about the Mouse problem.?
kje1940

Postby kje1940 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 am

Hi,

After Dan have try to make a potential fix for mouse problem, the blue dot are dissappear so when the mouse is gone, it is unpossible to do enything in cockpit, and must stop flying.
I hope to hear from you with some god news.
kje1940

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:22 pm

Dan is away for a bit but as soon as he returns I'll pester him again for you ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby bowman92 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:05 pm

I have an interesting addition to this. for obvious reasons I have been working from home so decided to do a few long/medium haul flights which I don't normally, I have installed the potential fix and I do lose the cursor as others have mentioned however, I have done a flights few to verify, After around 5 hours the cursor returns. it goes again after around 8 hours but that for me is an improvement as it means I can do quite a few extra routes. :D Look forward to the final fix when availible but for me this is a slight improvement. I haven't tried longer than 8 but it seems to be something about the 3 hour mark it changes.
bowman92

Postby kje1940 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi Tony

You writhe Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:22 pm
Dan is away for a bit but as soon as he returns I'll pester him again for you.

I hope Dan is back Again, after (Long bit away)
So how the goes whit the Mouse Problem.?
kje1940

Postby bowman92 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:25 pm

I am the bearer of good news :D . I have today discovered a potential workaround that allowed me to retain my cursor on a full flight. I couldn't help noticing that flights of around two hours I seemed to be able to retain the cursor and have been wondering for a while why this is. I turn the aircraft around and if doing a straight return on a 2-hour flight no worries. So, something I was doing was clearly resetting the clock and I yesterday I found it. I did a just over one-hour flight and on the return journey I lost the cursor. The only thing I did differently was not use GSX as it did not work with the scenery. So, I then considered knowing that popup boxes like GSX’s had thought to have been part of the problem.

So, today I did a 3:45 flight from EGSS – LPMA and I tried every hour or so opening the active sky popup box and just requesting a quick weather report as this is the same type of box as GSX and……..BOOM!! Got to LPMA still with the cursor. Doing the same now on the return just to verify but coming up to 3 hours in and so far so good. Long story short every 30 mins to an hour try opening a pop up box like active sky, default ATC etc and just press something and that seems to reset the clock on the cursor and it stays.

Tony would you kindly pass this information on to Dan to see if it can help him find the bug. It seems it may be related to GSX style popup boxes. And I am not using the patch you put on the forum I reinstalled Flyinside 1.98 a few weeks ago and forgot to add the patch. If I learn anymore I will let you know. :D
bowman92

Postby Tony » Tue May 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Wow, passing that along now !!!
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MortenM » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:51 pm

bowman92 wrote:I am the bearer of good news :D . I have today discovered a potential workaround that allowed me to retain my cursor on a full flight. I couldn't help noticing that flights of around two hours I seemed to be able to retain the cursor and have been wondering for a while why this is. I turn the aircraft around and if doing a straight return on a 2-hour flight no worries. So, something I was doing was clearly resetting the clock and I yesterday I found it. I did a just over one-hour flight and on the return journey I lost the cursor. The only thing I did differently was not use GSX as it did not work with the scenery. So, I then considered knowing that popup boxes like GSX’s had thought to have been part of the problem.

So, today I did a 3:45 flight from EGSS – LPMA and I tried every hour or so opening the active sky popup box and just requesting a quick weather report as this is the same type of box as GSX and……..BOOM!! Got to LPMA still with the cursor. Doing the same now on the return just to verify but coming up to 3 hours in and so far so good. Long story short every 30 mins to an hour try opening a pop up box like active sky, default ATC etc and just press something and that seems to reset the clock on the cursor and it stays.

Tony would you kindly pass this information on to Dan to see if it can help him find the bug. It seems it may be related to GSX style popup boxes. And I am not using the patch you put on the forum I reinstalled Flyinside 1.98 a few weeks ago and forgot to add the patch. If I learn anymore I will let you know. :D

Having done mutliple long haul flights with the mouse disappearing and some times come back towards the end of the flight i found the above post and did some testing.

Yesterday i took 4 flights, 3-4 hours pr flight in a row in vr (oculus) without restarting the sim (P3Dv4.5). PRO ATC X and GSX windows in the sim where used on ground. In air on all those flights i didn't open any windows at all. No mouse issues at all.
Today i tried a longhaul flight, almost 8 hours and with the above post in mind i opened the default ATC window about every 2nd hour or so, and pushed "Nearest airport list" then "Back" and closed the window. It worked!

Until a permanent fix is in place, this is totally saving my longhaul sim career, thank you bowman92.
MortenM

Postby bowman92 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Glad to be of service I have to admit I’d noticed the same thing with long haul. It appeared again after a while. It is nice to be able to fly longer than short haul again!!!! A fix would
Still be appreciated but at least with a workaround no hurry :D :D
bowman92

Previous

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)