Possible?
Caifon

Re: Flyinside for P3d V5?

Postby brendanhallett » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:55 pm

I have my fingers crossed!
brendanhallett

Postby Flugi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:12 pm

p3dv5 is not working in vr . as flivkering in left eye plenty of review.
but what works like a charm and no crashes for 2 days straight. first time ever .the new version v4.5.14.34698, or v4.5 Hotfix 3. is great and very smooth. please try and let me know. Happy returns and flying
Flugi

Postby Caifon » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:18 am

Tony, please be honest: is the fly-inside project dead?
you spent all your time in your flight simulator, which is not really successful.
Here loyal customers are waiting for support or updates that you do not provide and only after a very long time.
I don't know why, but I think you would support a lot more users, also financially, if you would offer better support.

and my question whether fly-inside comes for p3d 5.0 and will continue to be supported will certainly interest a lot of people.

thanks for an opinion from you.
Caifon

Postby severniae » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:56 am

V5!? You'd be lucky! P3D hasn't been properly supported since 4.4! It doesn't handle PBR texture well at all.

Lots of dev activity on a simulator nobody is interested in, whereas the established product is forgotten and dead.

The good news is -P3D pared with chaseplane is actually TBH as good as flyinside was, and of you use oculus you can bring external windows into the sim too.
severniae

Postby brendanhallett » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:15 am

Can you tell me what chaseplane does that is useful in vr?
brendanhallett

Postby brodie4598 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:17 am

Yeah I'd pay just about anything to replace fly-inside - especially with how much better v5 performs. I think I am back in the Prepar3D but their VR implementation is just so awful with that giant blue dot and the view position always being so messed up.

(also, lol at me being FI's forum saying how much I would pay for something to replace their product with something as good as their product simply because they gave up on it)
brodie4598

Postby joopje » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi guys,
To be honest I gave up on p3d vr after my Oculus rift kept on crashing in native vr.

I had been using flyinside for p3d and I was very pleased with it.
However, after launching flyinside flight simulator it became very quiet here.

I had high hopes for all the stuff but the latest news page I was almost a year old...

In the meantime other Sims have had a lot of updates and changes.

Flyinside is a very good product and I happily spent the money I did but the world keeps spinning.

Xplane11 VR is pretty good and new stuff is coming every week.

Dcs in vr is a blast and their modules are very very good.

I hope flyinside flight simulator goes in next year but comparing to the other Sims things are very slow and quiet around here.

People like to hear about plans, updates and you have to keep them busy with new stuff now and then otherwise they will walk away. If someone looses interest and jumps to another platform it is hard to get them back.

I don't know about p3dv5 and flyinside. There might be a chance because I hear everywhere that native VR is a bit of a let down.
joopje

Postby RicardoL » Fri May 01, 2020 6:23 am

I have exactly the same questions about V5 support and, like others apparently, I am willing to pay extra for the updated version of a product which I consider to be outstanding.

As far as I am concerned, inability to use Flyinside with V5 would mean to continue using 4.5 as long as possible or to give away VR and simulation altogether...since P3D VR native support is just crappy.
RicardoL

Postby kje1940 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 am

Hi,

Come one ADMIN, I dont thing you never read the post on FlyInside FORUM, so why so silent, so please reply when your costumer ASK for Question in these forum.
Have a nice weekend
kje1940

Next

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)