Why I reinstalled p3dv4 and flyinside again!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Why I reinstalled p3dv4 and flyinside again!

Postby joopje » Sun May 24, 2020 7:23 am

Hi guys ,

After flying my ga aircraft in Xplane11(washed out colors and a lot of shimmering) for almost a year and trying to like aeroflyfs2 as much as I can I decided to install p3dv4 again.

I had removed it because it kept crashing quite often with flyinside and native vr didn't work anymore. The installation was 3 years old and there were a lot of addons I had tried and removed and it was a mess.

Yesterday I decided to perform a fresh p3dv4 install, ASN, Rex textures and orbx true-earth UK.

Native VR crashed immediately when I turned on VR (rift s). Too bad.

I installed flyinside again after owning it for a year and actually I was very pleasantly surprised how smooth and comfortable it felt. I love the a2a aircraft and they actually looked very crisp an clean to me.

What I appreciate in flyinside:

-Crisp, colourful appearance and adjustable saturation and brightness

-very easy to adjust cockpit size to increase readability

- easy to import other windows for PDFs, charts, notes etc

- brilliant implementation of zooming assigned to joystick axis.

I had abandoned flyinside for quite a while but now I realize how good it actually is. I spent a lot of time tweaking xplane11 but the shimmering is pretty bad, no way to adjust cockpit size and very full colors.

Afs2 looks very good but the flight dynamics are mediocre at best and I don't like the fact that weather is no way near the level of p3d/ASN.

Almost bought p3dv5 but decided to give my previously purchased software a chance. Glad I did.

Just wanted to share my experiences with you.

I hope flyinside will get some updates/attention again someday although the package is
pretty well thought out as it is, at least for my needs.

Cheers

Jozeff
joopje

Return to General forum (possible disappearing mouse fix)