Rendering\D3D11\D3D11Context.ccp:Line 101, resolved

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Rendering\D3D11\D3D11Context.ccp:Line 101, resolved

Postby Pipeorgan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Excellent start, I cannot believe how realistic the P3D virtual world is, well done :D

I was changing the graphics settings when the FlyInside fatal error occured.

system Intel i7-47... oc at 4.6
16 GB RAM
SSDs
GTX 780Ti
P3D 2.5

OR V6 runtime

I am reluctantly running in extended mode as I cannot get my system to run again in direct mode. I appreciate that this is not a FlyInside problem but any advice would be appreciated to solve my direct mode problem. My DK2 used to work in direct mode but since I changed the mode to run another program in extended mode I haven't been able to get it to work again in direct mode! I have reinstalled runtime but this made no difference.
Last edited by Pipeorgan on Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7 4770K with HT 4.6GHz OC, Windows 10
16GB RAM, 1080 Ti
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TQ3, MFG Crosswind
MSFS2020, X-Plane
Pipeorgan

Re: Rendering\D3D11\D3D11Context.ccp:Line 101

Postby admin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 pm

As far as direct mode not working at all, you could try switching Oculus runtime versions. Some people have best luck with 0.5.0.1, some with 0.6.0.0, and some with 0.6.0.1.

As far as FlyInside breaking, could you send me your Prepar3d.cfg to CrazyNorman@gmail.com file? It's in "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2" From the fact that it broke while changing settings, I'm suspicious that the issue is there. Once you've made me a copy, try deleting your Prepar3d.cfg so that Prepar3D resets to defaults, and also delete the FlyInside config file in "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside" so that FlyInside reverts to defaults.

Let me know how you make out!
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Rendering\D3D11\D3D11Context.ccp:Line 101- Solved

Postby Pipeorgan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but that unfortunately did not resolve my problem. I picked up a thread somewhere which indicated that it could be a too many displays. Although I had disconnected my other monitors I suspected that my iPad flight sim apps were the problem so I uninstalled their PC server routines and bingo I could use direct mode again. Not sure how these software packages work as you cannot see them in the nvidia control panel, but they effectively use the iPad as another monitor. :cry:

I seem to have missed something in FlyInside as I do not seem to be able to bring up the menus to control P3D in direct mode, my PC window only shows my desktop so how can I control P3D?

EDIT. I can now see the P3D window on my single PC monitor.

Wow those shadows in the cockpit are something else. Got carried away in my A2A Piper Commanche 250 and thought it was real until I looked at my watch and couldn't see my arm :D
i7 4770K with HT 4.6GHz OC, Windows 10
16GB RAM, 1080 Ti
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TQ3, MFG Crosswind
MSFS2020, X-Plane
Pipeorgan

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here