rendering or motion tracking problems

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

rendering or motion tracking problems

Postby dcullen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 pm

I am seeing problems with either the rendering or tracking which is making it unusable for me. I have set the graphics at lowest possible, my frame rates are showing over 100 (with robinson R22 heli) but side to side movement of my head is making me dizzy. If I look up at the clouds above and move my head they rotate in a circle left then right, I think this amy be showing the frames and the motion tracking are not in sync, this could be judder, The jets are worse.
I didn't experience this issue with DCOC, anyone else got P3d working experiencing this ? (Note: I am a regular user of the rift and have being using DCOC for periods of hours without any dizziness.
Daniel what version of P3D and oculus runtime have you developed with ?

cheers

Dan
i7-4790k @ 4.0 GHz, Win 8.1/64, EVGA GTX 970 SC
Oculus Runtime 0.6.0.0, Flight Simulator X-Steam (also P3D)
Orbx FTX Global Base/Vector, Regions + Airports (e.g. Cairns, Southampton, Fairoaks etc) + NYC X + others
dcullen

Re: rendering or motion tracking problems

Postby Speed » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 am

There is a thread about spinning clouds on the p3d forum. Apparently its not specific to oculus or dcoc. I get them too although its usually just the first layer of cumulus. In that thread people have reported the issue goes away when they upgraded to active sky. Its hard to tell from your post if the dizziness is caused by the clouds spinning or if you also have an issue on clear weather.
Speed

Re: rendering or motion tracking problems

Postby admin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:18 pm

I'm surprised you're having so many issues with this, if DCOC was good. Although the clouds are quite a pain :oops:

I'm assuming your P3D framerate is over 100, but what is your async timewarp framerate? If it's under 75 that'll definitely cause some discomfort, and if it's over 75fps we have a very weird new bug. I've been testing this software against Prepar3D v2.5 and Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0.

As a side note, the positional tracking is slightly laggy compared to rotational, but this was also true in DCOC.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here