Proatc x window issue

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Proatc x window issue

Postby njaynl » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi Team,

with the latest flyinside and p3d v.3.5 i have the following issue:

the sim loads up fine i can then switch on pro atc x .. the window from proatc then locks to the top left on my monitor and i can't seem to move it..
it keeps coming up very small also ... this gives a second issue i am getting pin errors on my fmc when flying using flyinside my guess is that it's behaving like this because the window it out of sync by the sim

can anyone confirm?

*tested again*

even with all programs closed flyinside locks the pro atc x windows to the top left , can't even move it on my desktop .. which i could in previous releases
njaynl

Re: Proatc x window issue

Postby aurel42 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 pm

I think the windows are "locked" when they are visible in the cockpit. So just press the button you assigned to hide them and you can move them around or resize them. FlyInside will move them where it needs them when you un-hide them in the cockpit, though. Perhaps this helps in some way?
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby njaynl » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Hi,

i did not assign anything...

i can move the window around with the blue cursor but on my main monitor it still sticks to the left top which causes issues with pro atc x and the fmc.
whenever i try to select a sid or star i get a program pin error... without flyinside running it works fine with the same flight (pmdg 737)
njaynl

Postby njaynl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:19 am

Testing day 2

1. start pro atc x
2. start active sky next
3. start flyinside
4. select fly flight in pro atc x
5. press 1 to bring up atc menu
6. window locks to upper left corner of my monitor unable to click or move
7. you can select undock view in the sim for this pro atc window you can see it for a second moving to the main view and then moving back again to the hard left corner unable to click or move
8. if i open another view window like spot this window i can freely move around

seems like flyinside is not liking the window openend by pro atc x

log attached !
Attachments
log.rar
(52.33 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
njaynl

Postby aurel42 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:07 am

I'll try again. I don't exactly understand what usability problems you're having with this window, I'm just trying to offer a workaround that might or might not work for you in this case. You seem to imply that cause (or part) of the problem is that the window is "locked" on the desktop. I'm trying to explain how to "unlock" it temporarily so you can try the action (that causes the error) while the window is in an "unlocked" state.

When windows are visible as floating windows inside the VR cockpit, they are "locked" on the desktop.
In the FlyInside menu, you can assign a button to show/hide the floating windows inside the VR cockpit.
When you press that button to hide the floating windows, they become "unlocked" on the desktop.

So what I proposed was:

Assign a button to the "show/hide desktop windows" function (I don't know what it's called exactly, but it should be obvious).
When you need to use the problematic window to select a STAR or SID, switch to the "large desktop" view of FlyInside or put the headset away and use the monitor.
Use the assigned button to hide the windows visible inside the VR cockpit to unlock them on the desktop.
Now you can move the window around, do whatever you need to do with it. It might work, it might not work, I don't know.
When you enter the cockpit again and un-hide the windows, FlyInside will take control of the window again and put it wherever it needs it (so it will probably become locked in the upper left corner of your desktop again).
Rinse and repeat.
i7-4790K/4.0; GTX1080; 16GB; SSD; Win10/64; before: FSX:SE, now: P3Dv3; CV1
aurel42

Postby njaynl » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:05 am

aurel42 wrote:I'll try again. I don't exactly understand what usability problems you're having with this window, I'm just trying to offer a workaround that might or might not work for you in this case. You seem to imply that cause (or part) of the problem is that the window is "locked" on the desktop. I'm trying to explain how to "unlock" it temporarily so you can try the action (that causes the error) while the window is in an "unlocked" state.

When windows are visible as floating windows inside the VR cockpit, they are "locked" on the desktop.
In the FlyInside menu, you can assign a button to show/hide the floating windows inside the VR cockpit.
When you press that button to hide the floating windows, they become "unlocked" on the desktop.

So what I proposed was:

Assign a button to the "show/hide desktop windows" function (I don't know what it's called exactly, but it should be obvious).
When you need to use the problematic window to select a STAR or SID, switch to the "large desktop" view of FlyInside or put the headset away and use the monitor.
Use the assigned button to hide the windows visible inside the VR cockpit to unlock them on the desktop.
Now you can move the window around, do whatever you need to do with it. It might work, it might not work, I don't know.
When you enter the cockpit again and un-hide the windows, FlyInside will take control of the window again and put it wherever it needs it (so it will probably become locked in the upper left corner of your desktop again).
Rinse and repeat.

Hi,

Thank you for your help !

I understand what you are trying to do but this breaks the immersion if you need to look on your normal monitor.
Also it worked fine using older versions of flyinside that is why i am reporting this bug with the latest version.

Also i can move any window around i want but the only one causing this issue is the Pro Atc X one..

Again thank you for your help !!

*tested it with v 1.6.0 and now the fmc works fine again.. window keeps locked but now i can resize it and the fmc reconizes the pro atc input ... *
njaynl

Postby TK_05 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:50 am

well the window is opened up in p3d and thus is treated as an "imported window" by flyinside. it's on your desktop only for flyinside to interact with. you don't need to take off your headset to see the window as it's somewhere in your virtual view. now whether you can see/find it or not seems to be the problem but it's there.

what aurel is saying might work but i use pro-atc w/o any problems on flyinside. just hit whatever key it's assigned to to bring it up and it opens as a window inside the cockpit. it loads too small to read so i have to use my mouse to resize the window but it's fine after that. can even use the little blue pointer to interact w/ the 1-10 buttons
TK_05

Postby njaynl » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:53 am

even with the latest airac and flyinside versions? i needed to swap back one flyinside version otherwise my fmc would not accept any sids or stars and give program pin error ..
njaynl

Postby brendanhallett » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:17 am

I've just started using pro/atc-x and I've set a joystick button to push the number 0 keyboard button to open the pro/atc window inside flyside.

This is working fine at the start of the flight, and for most of the flight I can hit this joystock button and open the pro-atc window in VR. However something during the flight it just stops working. Pro/atc continues to run and I can hear the controllers fine but the button no longer pulls up the windows in VR.

The pro/atc window has opened on the desktop and I can select an option on my monitor but it no longer appears in VR.

Is anyone else seeing this issue??
brendanhallett

Postby jacogroeneveld » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello :D

sorry for my englisch but im from holland.
so i use olso proatc.
the problem for me is the system is working to slowly.
i hope the crew of flyinside can fix this problem.

regards jaco from holland.!
jacogroeneveld

Next

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here