Pressing default ATC option buttons throws me out

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Pressing default ATC option buttons throws me out

Postby glider1001 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:55 am

Version 1.71 is looking sweet except for one problem. Pressing the default ATC option buttons when the virtual window is active throws me out of VR to the flyinside desktop and then back into VR again. The toggle to desktop is about 1 second in duration. This never happened before in any version of flyinside I have owned.

I am typing this inside flyinside right now with the ATC window open. It has happened across to separate sim sessions so it is not just a once off.

i76700k 1080GPU
have other virtual windows open at same time as ATC window.
Running Multi Crew Experience in background for voice recognition.

Help please.
glider1001

Re: Pressing default ATC option buttons throws me out

Postby glider1001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:37 am

I disabled everything other than P3D 3.4, Flyinside 1.71 and the problem happened.

I then reverted to 1.62 which was the last version I used before 1.71.

Now it works correctly.

The problem is that in 1.71 if I press an option button with the default ATC window focused in VR, Flyinside throws me out of VR to VR desktop and then back in again taking about 1 second to do so.
glider1001

Postby admin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:31 am

Thank you for the report, we're seeing the same thing! We'll correct this in the next update.
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby glider1001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks for letting me know Dan, enjoy Christmas.
Cheers
glider1001

Postby frank.wessel » Mon May 01, 2017 1:21 pm

The problem below does not longer occur! Thanks so much!!!

There is one unfortunate thing, though. I assigned the numbers - to be more precise the key presses - 1 to 6 (most used key commands in the ATC window) to my Saitek yoke coolie hat. The main advantage is that I do not have to look at the ATC window and press the interact button, but I can simply use the cooley hat as needed (in most case up for "1"). For whatever reason this works only as long as the focus is on the ATC Windows. As soon as I interact with the rest of the Cockpit (e.g. rotating knobs) the focus is lost and the ATC does not react to the cooley hat commands. The same happens when I click the numbers 1 - 6 on the physical keyboard. If I click on the ATC window (or look at it and press the interact button) the coolie hat 'key presses' work again.

glider1001 wrote:Version 1.71 is looking sweet except for one problem. Pressing the default ATC option buttons when the virtual window is active throws me out of VR to the flyinside desktop and then back into VR again. The toggle to desktop is about 1 second in duration. This never happened before in any version of flyinside I have owned.

I am typing this inside flyinside right now with the ATC window open. It has happened across to separate sim sessions so it is not just a once off.

i76700k 1080GPU
have other virtual windows open at same time as ATC window.
Running Multi Crew Experience in background for voice recognition.

Help please.
frank.wessel

Postby frank.wessel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:55 am

Hi Dan,

ATC is still giving my a headache :-)

After the fix one year ago, ATC no longer throws me back to the flyinside Screen, but whenever I try to resize the ATC window within the virtual cockpit using my mouse, this odd behaviour can be observed again. As soon as I release the mouse button, I am back in the virtual cockpit!

Any clue what may cause this?

Cheers, Frank
frank.wessel

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here