Waiting for Simulator...

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Waiting for Simulator...

Postby cfukpixie » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:55 am

In P3Dv4.1, i cannot enter into VR cockpit mode. I have the creen "waiting for simulator" and it will not disapear.
The strange thing is that when i select the first officer virtual cockpit view, there is no problem.
No problem as well in external view. How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks

i7-4600K, 970GTX
cfukpixie

Re: Waiting for Simulator...

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:38 am

What aircraft are you trying to use ? And are you using any shader programs or 3rd party camera add-ons?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Waiting for Simulator...

Postby Spanthony1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:59 am

This started happening to me, as well, after getting "Where are my aircraft". Using both Flyinside and WAMA together sometimes leads to crashing after switching between several planes in the same session, so I used P3D without flyinside to get them all positioned. I saved a few of the flights (Scenarios and WAMA Save position) in Native VR and those flights ended up being the ones that would not go into VR mode in Virtual Cockpit in Flyinside. Interestingly enough, it would go into VR mode (HMD working) when switching views (Outside, Cockpit [as in no cockpit and also "Virtual Cockpit Only"] as well as other seat views in A2A planes), it just would not work in the Virtual Cockpit mode.

What worked for me was this: I would go back into P3D without Flyinside and save another scenario with Virtual Reality disabled, then open that saved scenario in Flyinside and all was well. Simply creating and saving a scenario from within Flyinside works just fine, too. It really seems that the two VR (native and Flyinside) do not like each other, go figure.

I'm curious to know what steps you had that led you to losing the VR mode in your sim.
Spanthony1

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here