Virtual Desk Top and the Dreaded Blue Dot

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Virtual Desk Top and the Dreaded Blue Dot

Postby mattdee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 am

I have been in contact on a number of occasions regarding being booted out of the VR cockpit into the virtual desktop to be confronted with the dreaded Blue Dot. Frame rates are fine this simply can happen for no apparent reason, the sim can be running perfectly smooth and I'll be booted out. This has become a liability now and I'm certainly losing my sense of humour on the issue. So now the latest is I'm getting toward the end of flight and everything crashing so I've attached the error files as suggested by the error screen which appears when the crash happens. In my opinion Flyinside needs a tremendous amount of work before I'd say it's a worth while addon. I' have been persevering with Flyinside for months. The software feels as though it's in alpha stage of development. Please see attached files for your perusal.

I'm running Windows 10, Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16gig RAM @ 4.2GHZ. P3D V4.2, Active Sky for P3D, ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming Overclocked 8GB

Hoping this can get better

Regards

Matthew
Attachments
settings_pro_FlyInside P3Dv4_settings.ini
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
error-20180613T211727.txt
(623.1 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
log.txt
(623.1 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
mattdee

Re: Virtual Desk Top and the Dreaded Blue Dot

Postby admin » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 am

Hi Matthew,

My apologies. I've totally dropped the ball on the blue dot issue with you. I'll be in touch (finally) via e-mail shortly. Is there any consistency with this crash, is it always at the end of a flight, while approaching a specific airport, etc?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby mattdee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 am

No Dan there is no rhyme or reason as to why or when I'm booted out into the virtual desktop. However the latest issue with the whole lot crashing is just another saga. Hopefully you'll glean some clues via the files I've uploaded. Good luck
Thanks and regards

Matthew
mattdee

Postby mattdee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:51 am

You all dropped the ball! I don't believe you ever had the intention of developing Flyinside any further than what you did. I'm relieved LM have made it possible to now fly inside the native VR. It's a much better experience than the Flyinside software could ever deliver! I for one will avoid your future developments like the plague, because you've demonstrated a lack of commitment to your clientele.
mattdee

Postby Tony » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 am

V4.3 is out now.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here