Landing & Taxi Lights

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Landing & Taxi Lights

Postby malexdu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:24 pm

I have updated to P3D v4.3 and FI v 1.95. All okay except taxi and landing lights do not illuminate the ground on third party aircraft. The models that come with P3D do illuminate the ground and the lights work correctly in Flyinside. In P3D in screen mode and in the P3D VR mode they also work correctly. Only have this problem with FI running? The aircraft are the Majestic dash8 and Justflight Arrow 111. Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Re: Landing & Taxi Lights

Postby admin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Malexdu! Just to get an idea of how wide-spread this may be, are you seeing the issue with any other add-ons, or any of the stock planes? Also, does turning dynamic lighting on/off make any difference?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby brendanhallett » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 pm

I just saw this on the PMDG 737 landing into FlyTampa boston, worried what I had done to cause it.
brendanhallett

Postby malexdu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:52 am

The lights on non-stock planes are coming on, but they do not illuminate the ground. On the dash 8 when I put on the landing & flare lights with the external APU attached I can see part of it illuminated. It is almost as if the lights are pointing up too far? All stock planes working no problem. The ground is illuminated. No improvement with various changes to the display configs, including with and without dynamic lighting enabled. All stock planes okay... 3rd party planes no illumination of the ground. Out of VR all lights okay including non-stock planes. Lights illuminate the ground in P3D VR in all aircraft?

I have tried the following,,,,deleted shader config files....no change. Deleted P3D config....no change. Reinstall Majestic dash 8....no change. Using Nvidia 1080 with latest drivers. When I updated from P3D 4.2 to 4.3 I only updated the client software. Scenery and content not updated as I didn't want to reinstall all my Orbx library. I have looked on other forums and don't see much related to this topic so I have assumed this is FI related, but I am not sure to be honest.

It would be interesting if brendanhallett could let us know if he updated his system with the P3D client update only.

I have done some fully loaded flights with FI...P3D 4.3/Dash8/AS P3d/vPilot/Vatsim/GSX / All Orbx UK Europe scenery....no other problems encountered.

Post Edit.....sorry forgot to mention there is another problem. When using FI if I go to an external view (which I rarely do) by pressing ''S'' I am pulled out of VR. Program continues to run but not in VR. As soon as I cycle back to cockpit it takes me back into VR. It seems that as you switch views the program switches back to 2D views.

Thank you
Malexdu

Win 10 (64 bit) / i7-8700K @ 5.0 mhz / 32mb RAM / Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti / P3Dv4.5 / HP Reverb Pro Headset /AS & ASCA /Flyinside P3D4 1.98 / Too much Orbx Scenery /
malexdu

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 am

We are aware of the view bug and we are working on it :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby brendanhallett » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:39 pm

malexdu wrote:
It would be interesting if brendanhallett could let us know if he updated his system with the P3D client update only.

Made two changes upgrade to P3d to 4.3, and installed the new FlyTampa boston scenery
brendanhallett

Postby malexdu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi brendanhallett, did you upgrade all of p3D 4.3 (complete update) or did you just download the client and not the scenery and content files?
Thanks
Malexdu

malexdu

Postby malexdu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Anybody else having a problem with third party aircraft not displaying landing and taxi lights on the ground? Maybe it is my system and not FI? All lights working normally in P3D and P3D VR.

UPDATE: Reinstalled P3D. Problem solved. Landing & Taxi lights working as normal. My system issue not FI. Update 1.96 has fixed the external views issue, Thanks
Malexdu

malexdu

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here