P3D v4.3 bug when trying to utilize shift+number windows

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

P3D v4.3 bug when trying to utilize shift+number windows

Postby 18j@msn.com » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Whenever I try to press shift+1 or any other number to access panels, windows etc, the image on my OR goes crazy and on the monitor, it starts to zoom but in the negative continuously on its own. The only way to correct it is to reset the aircraft again. All software is P3D V4 compatible. This occurs with either default or addon aircraft. Curious for thoughts on the matter.

V/R
Kris
18j@msn.com

Re: P3D v4.3 bug when trying to utilize shift+number windows

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:41 pm

We are looking into this mate :(
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the pointer on this. From my testing, some panels work fine, but others cause the issue you described. As a work-around, I was able to take off my headset, find the panel lodged on the Prepar3D window, right click and "Undock". Then all worked as expected.

Could you confirm whether this work-around works for you, while we work on the bug itself?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby 18j@msn.com » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:56 am

I think I may have the zooming out thing under control, now I just need to figure out why I can't use windows within flyinside... i.e. fs2crew main panel or any other 2d panel or GSX etc. It opens the panel, but outside of flyinside and won't allow you to dock them in or out. It's like they are there but you can't use them, click on them etc. I know I was deployed for the last year and I have updated both hardware and software, but I don't remeber it being this difficult before...

V/R
Kris

Side note, I don't know if it is ever possible or not, but it would be awesome if we could use EZDOCK within your software. I can do it from the native VR but my FPS is way out of wack even with the same settings for both...
18j@msn.com

Postby 18j@msn.com » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 pm

New update now I have two issues...

I can get the windows to pop up in VR mode, but there is a twist... When you open either FS2Crew or GSX either will show on the desktop and the whole zoom out thing starts... However, if you open the other it stops and goes back to normal and you can see both. But once either goes away the zooming things starts back up.

Additionally, I have to keep restarting my system to get into flyinside. If I open it initially, it loads ok. However, if I close the software, and reopen, it gets stuck at the initial loading screen and crashes every time. I do have Ezdok, but it is disabled and cameras reset. I also have PTA but disabled and shaders cleared. I have also tried a new cfg, but all seem to have no effect...

V/R
Kris
Attachments
log.txt
(115.35 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
18j@msn.com

Postby Tony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm

OK Mate, I'll let Dan know ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby 18j@msn.com » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 pm

OK, thank you... So I decided to roll back to v4.2 just to see what happens as I have not used that version yet. Good news and bad news. Good news I can get into the app and the sim with no apparent problems. Bad news, I can't use any of the virtual windows, it has the same problem as v4.3. So, I am starting to think that it might be something on my end, however, I have no idea where to start. I will say that I tried an updated driver, however, it was causing me display issues and CTD's so I had to revert back to a more stable driver (at least for P3D) at the moment. Other than that I have no idea what it could be. I have a key binding to virtual windows, they auto open un-docked and no matter what I try, I am unable to right click and dock them into the sim... Again I do have Ezdok installed, but I turn off the exe files and deactivate it when trying to use flyinside.

V/R
Kris
18j@msn.com

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here