Half transparent liveries (PBR) and dynamic lighting issues

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Half transparent liveries (PBR) and dynamic lighting issues

Postby frank.wessel » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I am having issued with P3D4.5.13.32097 (freshly installed) and dynamic lighting. Depending on the angle at which you look at certain objects or areas at an airport, the left and the right eye see different textures / images. One side is hardly lit (as if there was hardly any light) and the other one looks as if there was indeed an external light source. When turing my head, this bizarre effect moves from one to the other eye …

This totally breaks the immersion. Do you have any clue what might cause this - and are you planning an update for flyinside from 1.98 to 1.99?

Additionally the A2A Cessna 172 and the PMDG QoTSII have half transparent liveries in the start-up screen and also in flight when looking at the aricraft from the outside, cf. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki9zcjboairlhmg/172.png?dl=0

After uninstalling flyinside and deleting the shaders everything looked normal again. As far as I know, these two models are PBR models, whereas the PMDG 737 NGX is not showing this strange effects. Maybe this helps ...

And one final thing: when I crash a plane (I ran into airport traffic recently) the entire sim crashed to the desktop. This can be reproduced.

I am running P3D with an Oculus Rift and wouldn't want to miss flyinside - it is still far better than the native VR mode in P3D!!!

Cheers,

Frank
frank.wessel

Re: Half transparent liveries (PBR) and dynamic lighting iss

Postby frank.wessel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:20 am

I just found an old thread from February which describes most of the problems I have seen …

https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtop ... =39&t=7540

Since then - has anything happened? It is really annoying that there is no response for months and unfortunately this doesn't happen for the first time.

Could someone please reply and post the current status of flyinside development? Is there any?

Cheers,

Frank
frank.wessel

Re: Half transparent liveries (PBR) and dynamic lighting iss

Postby severniae » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

It is an issue over a year now - Dan not interested in fixing from what I can tell.

I hope I am wrong.
severniae

Return to P3D Bug Reporting Here