FlyInside and PilotEdge workaround (short term solution)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside and PilotEdge workaround (short term solution)

Postby ewhitecap » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 pm

First, I'd like to to say thanks for FlyInside. I immersely enjoy the product with my Oculus Rift. Here's my problem. I also enjoy PilotEdge. As far as I can tell FI and PE does not play well together because one can't virtually control the radios in the cockpit - a can see a day in the future when VR set will ship with gloves that will allow full control of everything... I digress. My planned work-around was to start X-Plane from outside of FlyInside (no pun intended) in hope that X-Plane would run as it did before I installed FI. Unfortunately, this isn't quite working out. Can you tell me if there is an easy way to get X-Plane to revert back and forth so I can enjoy both PE in the 3D world and FI in the Virtual Reality world?

I can see you from this thread http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3617&p=16670&hilit=pilotedge#p16670 that you are working on getting the two to work.

Thanks!
ewhitecap

Re: FlyInside and PilotEdge workaround (short term solution)

Postby ewhitecap » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Another note: After tweaking the graphics settings in X-Plane (not sure what I did) I was able to fix the issue I was having. The aircraft was tilted. The aspect ratios were off too. I haven't ran FI to see if this issue is reproducible; I will report back if it is.
ewhitecap

Re: FlyInside and PilotEdge workaround (short term solution)

Postby twells5 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi,

The Piperel Panthera (Payware) plane from Aerobask has a connect to PilotEdge (and other, such as vatsim...online) button built right into the com 1 radio which connects from
inside the Vr cockpit. I use it all the time and it works every time. Then you are connected to PE and just tune the radios etc. No need to leave Vr. Works great for me. I think maybe all the aircraft from aerobask have the same feature...but I only fly the Panthera. Great plane, btw... Hope that helps.
tim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windoze 10, I7 7700 CPU, 1080 ti Graphics Card, 32Gb Ram, SSD's all around
twells5

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019