Flyinside XP 1.83 light blue flickering screen only (repost)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside XP 1.83 light blue flickering screen only (repost)

Postby avhpilot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 am

Hi,

I am trying to get FlyInside XP trial 1.83 version to run with Oculus Rift and X-Plane 11.10r3 (and before r2 ) but whatever i try, i will always get a lightblue-ish screen in the left eye and a lighblue-ish screen with flickering and skewed, distorted images around a fixed centre point in the right eye. It is difficult to describe.
When i go to x-plane graphics settings and reset FOV and visual offsets i notice that the 2D screen shows the inside of the virtual cockpit and then when i start to move the rift the image on that 2D screen magnifies en distorts the image enormously. When going back to the graphics settings again the 'Enable flat (fractional) offsets' is automatically re-enabled again as well. So unchecking that does not work 'permanently'.

I will get kicked out of whatever futile attempt is made to enter the sim after a few seconds and get to see the 'waiting for simulator' in Flyinside.

I have tried disabling all plugins and even removed the entire plugins folder from resources but the issue remains.

I have no problem with the Flyinside for FSX (licensed version) and FSX:SE, works like a charm and so does DCS world or any other VR game for that matter.
So even though i do not meet the official minimum specs for rift i do not think it is in any way related to this issue.

My specs: i7 980X, 12 GB RAM, GTX780 6GB (strix), SSD, USB2.0 ports only (Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard) - NVIDEA 388.13 drivers

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
avhpilot

Re: Flyinside XP 1.83 light blue flickering screen only (rep

Postby Stevil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 am

Hi,

first of all: sorry for having to post a 2nd time. Glad you did it!

To the case: Does this also happen with X-Plane v11.05 stable?

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby avhpilot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 am

Stevil wrote:Hi,

BR
Stephan

No problem, i was wise enough to make a copy on notepad first so was painless to repost.

Re topic: I have never tried with any prwvious version of x-plane nor legacy version of flyinside xp.
I am willing to try reverting to 11.05 depending on how much risk / hassle that will take to do. i've never downgraded x-plane before. Is it easy and risk-free?
avhpilot

Postby avhpilot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 am

Stevil wrote:Hi,

BR
Stephan

No problem, i was wise enough to make a copy on notepad first so was painless to repost.

Re topic: I have never tried with any previous version of x-plane nor legacy versions of flyinside xp.
I read that it's quite a hassle to revert x-plane back to previous version unless you have a back-up, which i haven't .... so i prefer to get this working with current version 11.10

Could the previously installed version for Vive be related? could it be causing a conflict?
Should x-plane be in windowed mode and only detect 1 screen (i do not see an option for additonal monitor in x-plane which is correct i assume ?)

Thanks.
avhpilot

Postby Stevil » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 am

Good point in saving to notepad first! :)

In general see here please: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6131
Going back to xp11.05 can be done via the xp installer in two ways
-make a 2nd xp copy
-use the first one. Choose update and untick „use beta“. After that v11.05 should be there
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby avhpilot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 am

Stevil wrote:Good point in saving to notepad first! :)

In general see here please: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6131
Going back to xp11.05 can be done via the xp installer in two ways
-make a 2nd xp copy
-use the first one. Choose update and untick „use beta“. After that v11.05 should be there

I have tried that but despite unticking 'use beta' it won't recognize beta saying 'you have the latest version' which is 11.10r3 and now 'official' release as i understand.

I have also tried with the latest FlyInside 1.9 version, deleted both X-plane prerefences and plugins folder. The issue remains. Through Oculus rift i only see skewed, magnified images ending up in vertical lines/blocks displayed on a 'flat' screen,
That is to say, i am not 'in'' the cockpit, i am only looking at a huge magnified 2D screen through the rift that only shows rubish.

I have now uninstalled FI 1.9 and reinstalled it, this time pointing the installer to the x-plane.exe in my X-plane 10.51 folder and all works fine !
But the end goal is to be able to use it with v11 of course so still not decided to purchase,
avhpilot

Postby avhpilot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 am

Additional:

I have also tried using the Vive instead of the Rift (that is to say, a PS4VR headset disguised as a Vive using Trinus PSVR software) and the issues are exactly the same.
avhpilot

Postby Drama66 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi. I'm having exactly the same issue. I've downloaded x plane today on steam v11.10 amd the trial of flyinside.

On loading up x plane I get a view that can only be explained as similar to when you get trapped between two textures and bug out a la playstation 1 glitch.

I can hear sounds, so throttle responds but it's like the view if freaking out between two surfaces and can't work out what's going on. I get a plain blue screen all glitch and I can see in the far distance what looks to be FI panel, as if I'm looking at it from 500 feet away but the plane is invisable.

I don't want to download 11.2 but hopes that FI would be a hassle free option.

I've minimised all graphics to minimum. Vanilla xp install. All gtx drivers updated.

In the morning I'll uninstall FI and retry, but any further ideas would be more than welcome.

DCS flys with no problem. (Well, with min graphics)

Thank you
D
Drama66

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Can you post your system specs ? Sounds like maybe a weak system ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Drama66 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Thank you for replying. I've got an i5 running gtx 750ti, low spec I'm sure but was surprised dcs was working fully in vr and nada from xp11.
However, tomorrow I've got an i7 8700k (+ new mobo) and 1080 ftw coming. I'll rebuild and see if that sorts it. If not, something's wrong!
(Don't tell the wife, I said I haven't needed to buy anything since the rift arrival)
Drama66

Next

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019