Any point anymore?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Any point anymore?

Postby Raging Beard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:20 am

Not wishing to sound rude, but is there really any point to FlyInside for XP11 now?

Is it still going to be improved, will there eventually be benefits over the native VR, which has implemented an amazing VR control scheme?
HTC Vive Pro
GTX 1080 Ti (OC'd)
Intel i7-8700k (OC'd)
16gb DDR4 3200
SSD
Windows 10 64-bit
Raging Beard

Re: Any point anymore?

Postby Tony » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:55 am

Well the sales seem to disagree ;) yes support will continue and Flyinside will be improved upon. Some people myself included get a smoother experience with Flyinside over native. Laminar are definitely on the right track but I cannot and will not use the controllers/wands whilst flying, personal preference :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby BrendanC » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm

That's great news Tony, i would expect to use both. When can we expect an update to work with 11.20.

All the best
Brendan
CPU AMD ryzen 1600x - GPU Saphire Vega 64 air - RAM 16gb DDR4 Mobo Gigabyte AB 350 - Drive 400GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.10r2 - reverted to v11.o5
Oculus rift- Display AOC freesync 24
BrendanC

Postby Greyman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Probably when laminar release it or they get closer to doing so, as until then it would be like hitting a moving target and hence a potentially significant waste of development time.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Stevil » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:25 am

Raging Beard wrote:Not wishing to sound rude, but is there really any point to FlyInside for XP11 now?

Is it still going to be improved, will there eventually be benefits over the native VR, which has implemented an amazing VR control scheme?

Raging Beard, I am definitely wondering why you wrote that because IIRC you opened a thread on the official org forum with a title something like „I‘m the only one who cannot play native VR“?! I tried to help you over there too but my latest information was that you were not able to use the native VR despite of all the help you got from the other users...

Isn’t that a point??
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Raging Beard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 am

Still remains true, but appears I may be the only one, and I am hopeful it will be resolved in further releases, and I am grateful for any help in the meantime.

My post here was just asking really what the future, and indeed if any, holds for FI for XP. For all I know they leave it to Laminar and focus on their other plugins and their game, which isn't the case then I'm happy to hear.
HTC Vive Pro
GTX 1080 Ti (OC'd)
Intel i7-8700k (OC'd)
16gb DDR4 3200
SSD
Windows 10 64-bit
Raging Beard

Postby Raging Beard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 am

For now I am back to FI on XP which isn't a bad thing at all... I do miss clicking those switches and turning those dials though!
HTC Vive Pro
GTX 1080 Ti (OC'd)
Intel i7-8700k (OC'd)
16gb DDR4 3200
SSD
Windows 10 64-bit
Raging Beard

Postby dhswampash » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:58 pm

I agree that native has a better wand control scheme. If you like flight controls (Saitek, et al), the mouse in FI is a must. I must say HDR stars in native VR look wonky to me whereas they are normal and good in FI. I think the smoothness is a toss up. I'm really torn as I wish I had the wand control scheme of native with some of the nice features in FI.

But I'll be honest. I actually love the wands for control. Okay so you don't have brakes unless you have rudder pedals (I do) but I just find the precision to be quite spectacular. I know FI can do this, but for some reason the control is not as "controlled". Maybe I should try again. I want to see what vr2 brings to the table. Then I'll settle in to one or the other. That decision may be based on how quickly grab points are implemented by aircraft manufacturers. FI has done a good job there bridging the gaps. I don't think LR will do that outside of the default fleet.
dhswampash

Postby lennard78 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:14 am

I agree with a what has been said above. It is a bit striking to me that - unless I missed it - the developers of FlyInside are totally quiet as to their plans, if any (besides the development of their own sim). I know native VR is just a beta, or not even a beta, however there must be some next goals that FlyInside wants to achieve, especially having seen now what Laminar is more or less aiming at. I wonder, for example, whether FlyInside will/can somehow adjust the precision of the touch controllers? I still very much prefer FlyInside over native VR, and I very much hope that the team will keep improving their product.

Perhaps one of the FlyInside developers can give us a little hint about the (near) future plans?

Lennard
lennard78

Postby Tony » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 am

Hi mate I'll point Dan to your post and hopefully he'll give you an answer ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Next

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019