SteamAPI_init for the last month (SOLVED BY SEARCHING AGAIN)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SteamAPI_init for the last month (SOLVED BY SEARCHING AGAIN)

Postby mikebourgeault » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Update: was feeling bad because no one responded in 5 days, which is unusual for this forum. So I though maybe I should do another search, this time in the bug reporting forum, like, the right way.

My solution Run FI:XP as administrator, error goes away.

I haven't been able to launch fi:XP for a few months. I had a bunch of new games from xmas, so I didn't care too much. But now I wanna fly, and can't.

I've tried everything I can find on the forums, uninstalled FI, and reinstalled. Set steam, steamvr, and xplane 11 to opt out of betas. Run hotfixes etc. Problem still comes up.

I see this error referenced in a lot of posts from last spring, but not many now. Is there something i'm missing?

full message:

Fatal Error
SteamAPI_Init() failed
Steam must be running to play this game (SteamAPI_Init() failed)
mikebourgeault

Re: SteamAPI_init for the last month (SOLVED BY SEARCHING AG

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Heck sorry mate.......been a bit busy in the RW and missed this, next PM me and I'll respond a tad quicker :?

When you opt out of the Xplane 11 beta do you do that from Steam ? And what version of Flyinside are you running mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: SteamAPI_init for the last month (SOLVED BY SEARCHING AG

Postby mikebourgeault » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:34 pm

No worries! I should have searched better. Turns out it wasnt a beta issue, I have opted back into betas for steam and steamvr (though to be honest I didn't opt back into xplane public beta, well, i did just now but it will take some time to download and I'm not at home to test)

I ended up just having to set the desktop shortcut to run as admin and it did the trick. the issue rang a bell, I think I did a reinstall of flyinside at some point and it made a new shortcut and I just forgot about the admin thing.

For the xplane beta I do opt out from the steam client, as for flyinside its 1.91.
mikebourgeault

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019