Compatibility 11.20?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Compatibility 11.20?

Postby sel rider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 am

Hello,

I'm using Saitek-HW (Yoke, Rudder and Trottle) for control my flying with X-Plane 11 Beta 11.20 and Oculus Rift.

Even i need to take a knob, I need to grab for a controller, that's really inkonvenient!
I saw some Clips with the integration of the Leap-Motion controller in Flyinside and now I bought once and installed everything.

During the start of X-Plane via Flyinside the applications stops even the VR will be stared by X-Plane and a Message box (is attached).

Can it be that it will not work at all under the X-Plane Version from Steam?

Thanks
sel rider

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Are you running steam vr also ? If you are using the latest 11.20 then Flyinside doesn't work with that version yet. We are working on it.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Answered in your other post. 11.20 and Flyinside don't work together yet. We are working on it.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby sel rider » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Would an older version of Flyinside work with the XP 11.20 Beta?
sel rider

Postby sel rider » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Tony wrote:Are you running steam vr also ? If you are using the latest 11.20 then Flyinside doesn't work with that version yet. We are working on it.

Cinse B2 the XP Version don't need Steam VR anymore. But the Steam Bootstrapper must run if the version was bought by Steam.

I know that there are X11 version on the marked they are not bought via steam but most of the users (new XP11 Users) bought it via Steam.

I know that this version is a bit different to the one bought directly by Laminar Research.
sel rider

Postby Robert » Mon May 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Just checking with others. Steam just installed 11.20 so I tried native VR mode to see how it looks in the Pro. It doesn’t actually start VR automatically though I get the warning of performance impact running in VR and on the desktop. When I would click on enable VR mode in the VR settings menu it just crashes. Tried repeatedly. Same result.

So I tried FlyInside with the new 11.20 and that works but the view is distorted in a weird way. The shadows are kind of wonky and like I said there is a weird distortion. Stuff up close looks OK but turn around an the tail feathers just look kind of huge.

Anyone else with a Pro or Odyssey seeing the same thing? At least for now, XP is totally unflyable at least for me.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby Shalomar » Mon May 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Native VR is working well for the Oculus Rift CV-1. If it helps I have mouse control and ergonomic yoke checked.

Donald
Shalomar

Postby Fabrice77 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Robert wrote:Anyone else with a Pro or Odyssey seeing the same thing? At least for now, XP is totally unflyable at least for me.

Yep, same problem for me. Kind of "double view" of some cockpit parts and very bad performance. Unusable in current state, HELP !

EDIT: the double view is for gauges and switches. They are correctly placed in the left eye, but placed too much on the right in the right eye. As reported by Robert, there is a strange behaviour of shadows and reflections...
Last edited by Fabrice77 on Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9 9900K @3.6GHz - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2080Ti - Windows 10 Pro
HTC Vive Pro - Saitek X56 - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - Saitek Pedals
X-Plane 11 - FlightFactor A320U - XPUIPC
Pilot2ATC - Spad.neXT - VoiceAttack
Fabrice77

Postby Fabrice77 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Robert wrote:When I would click on enable VR mode in the VR settings menu it just crashes. Tried repeatedly. Same result..

Robert, you have to completely uninstall FlyInside to use native VR. Just tried, there is no visual issue, but performance is horrible...
i9 9900K @3.6GHz - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX2080Ti - Windows 10 Pro
HTC Vive Pro - Saitek X56 - Saitek Throttle Quadrant - Saitek Pedals
X-Plane 11 - FlightFactor A320U - XPUIPC
Pilot2ATC - Spad.neXT - VoiceAttack
Fabrice77

Postby Robert » Tue May 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey Fabrice, if you saw the post in the Steam X-Plane discussion, that was me who started it and XPlanePhil who fixed me up. I marked the thread as resolved and Phil's post as the answer.

Yep, you have to uninstall FlyInside for X-Plane and then it works like a charm! Others may have different issues, but that was mine. Not sure what hooks FlyInside leaves in when it’s not running, but on my system, uninstalling FlyInside fixes it.

My performance is great, though. Frames very smooth and I can turn my head without stuttering. All distortions are now gone too. I need to experiment some but I may not have a choice now but to leave FlyInside uninstalled since it does sort of work in FlyInside mode but the visuals are fine with it gone. FlyInside has nice features for X-Plane but Laminar may have eclipsed it.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

PreviousNext

Return to General forum *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019