Another Short Video.

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Another Short Video.

Postby Tony » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:26 pm

More testing with X-Plane and Flyinside. Just a small sample of VC Cockpits and how fluid things already are :)

https://youtu.be/TmDG4pWY84o

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Another Short Video.

Postby rocketmandlgc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:18 am

Lovin' what I am seeing, and thanks for doing the glider cockpit. Couple of questions one of which is "shooting for the moon"

1) Have you tried syncing two PC's so one shows the front seat and the other shows the rear seat? (ASK21 Training glider) and if it works, would the instructor in the back be able to see the pupil's head in the front (I'm thinking of the leap motion bit). The reason for the question is the instructor has to ensure that the pupil is scanning the field of view correctly for collision avoidance. Not a deal breaker, we can figure out some other way of training for this but it WOULD be good to have both pilots immersed in the experience at the same time.

2) Shooting for the moon. Has anyone ever considered developing what I would call a green screen VR whereby the "scenery" would show on any surface that was painted ChromaKey green and allowing us to see and interact with out Physical (and expensive) real world cockpit and instruments. (thinking of the Vive in-built camera but as I don't know how that works or whether the resolution is good enough - I might be talking b*****ks here
rocketmandlgc

Postby jojo2994 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:38 pm

I am really happy to see X-Plane in vr!

I have one big question:

Do we have to get 90 fps in the sim to get a smooth experience? Or does it work with the Asynchronous Timewarp feature like in FSX?

jojo2994

Postby Tony » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm not one of the developer's but I believe the principle is the same as fsx and p3d with 90 on ATW ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby blacky75 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:48 am

hey there :-) Just saw the youtube vid, AMAZING!!!!!!

Now I guess it's too early asking if I could test the alpha???

I got a 'real as it gets' heli stick... the 3 screens are great, but just can't wait test it in the CV1!!!!

here a little video I made for the HELI STICK discussion, as I had the chance to fly a real R22... (could hover it after 30 minutes of flying it at higher altitude :-) ) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u2oOG5_I_k

THNKS IN ADVANCE!!!! And.... great work!!!!
blacky75

Postby jrgarrigues » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Your cyclic is cool; looks like it's really well made. I can see myself splurging for something like this around the holiday season if I can fly X-Plane with my Oculus! :D Thanks for sharing your review blacky75.
X-Plane 10.51
Oculus Rift CV1 - Intel Core i7 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 24GB Memory - Win 10 (x64)
jrgarrigues

Postby jrgarrigues » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm

I've avoided hobbies like golf ⛳️ all these years because I didn't want to soak all my time and money into them. But I can already see that I'm going to spend gobs of both here! The glider looks really peaceful - hope this experience doesn't end up with me at a real airport being towed behind an actual airplane. Thanks for the share Tony.

John
X-Plane 10.51
Oculus Rift CV1 - Intel Core i7 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 24GB Memory - Win 10 (x64)
jrgarrigues

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019