don't open in steam

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

don't open in steam

Postby Japo32 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi!! I just installed and all the times I press the FlyInside XP icon it always give me the same error:
Fatal error
SteamAPI_Int()failed it has to be running to play this game... etc..
I have steam running and not running with same result.

I just tested once clicking the run xp64bits in steam directly and it started on VIVE... but now everytime I click on it it just loads in 2D mode.

By the way.. when fixed.. it would be very very desirable to make 2 configurations.. because in 3D it change things like fov etc... that I don't want to change. So when starting in 2D I would have the old configuration.
Thanks
Japo32

Re: don't open in steam

Postby Japo32 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Ok.. I fixed.. it was not open as administrator.
But please make the different profiles per 3D or 2D...

Another thing. How to increase resolution to be able to read at least the letters and numbers?

thanks
Japo32

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Please post your system specs and windows version please so we can help you ;)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Japo32 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:39 pm

sytem is i7 at 4.1 ghz 980ti in windows 10. XPlane64 bits...
All the questions are fixed.. but I would like to know how to increase resolution to read better the text.

I tried to put the "renderTargetMultiplier" : 1.5, line in the stamvr.vrsettings file but it remove it.
In Elite dangerous we have a render factor x1.0 to x2.0 that is the one that increases the render in the vive.. but penalty are the fps.... so it has to be testing until find good number
Also the multisampling factor can be added.. but here in the flyinside plugin I don't find any..

It is the only thing that retain me to buy the plugin.

By the way.. I am Jrollon from Jrollon Planes.. so it is a DELICIOUS IMPRESSION to see my work from INSIDE!!! GREAT JOB!!!
Japo32

Postby Tony » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi japo :) What I have done is start XP in 2d mode with the normal views working, save that .prf and change them out when using 3d. Crude but Dan may come up with something better in the future ?

Using the zoom or binocular mode in Flyinside overcomes the small instruments but yes, the clarity with this round of headsets isn't quite there for clarity yet but still very usable. What aircraft do you make ? Very interested :)

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Japo32 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:48 am

I made a lot of aircrafts in XP10 default planes (747,x15,Space shuttle and a good number without 3D cockpits) plus CRJ200, Jetstream32... etc etc...

mmmm Don't know what you say about that .prf. I suppose you say about the .prf files inside of Preferences isn't it?
Japo32

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019