Xenviro

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Xenviro

Postby markab12 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi,
I've really been enjoying using FI with XP10. Yesterday a new plugin called xenviro was released (it is a weather generation app).
It works fine in 2D but when I use it in FI it doesn't. Strangely enough its weather generated affects are only displayed in the left
eye. The right eye seems to show XP weather. Can anyone else who has this plugin confirm this?

I'm hoping someone here, perhaps one of the devs may have a suggestion or two to fix this?

Thanks in Advance,
Mark
markab12

Re: Xenviro

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 pm

New plugins will have to be checked by Dan, is this the one that is 70 dollars ? I doubt Dan has looked at it yet mate ?

Have you tried adjusting settings in XP ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby markab12 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes it is the $70 plugin that was just released Friday night.
Given how weird the problem is I'm not sure even where to begin when it comes to adjusting
any XP settings to resolve it, but I will try that this afternoon and report back. If it helps at all I also did
notice that when using FI that my monitor shows the correct xenviro weather but the 'Mirror'
window shows what I'm seeing in my headset.

Thanks again,
Mark
markab12

Postby Tony » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:23 pm

There is a possibility that the pluging uses something that makes Flyinside incompatible with it ? But hopefully Dan can check when he returns from his travels ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby markab12 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi Tony,

I tried to adjust several settings in both FI, XP10, and Nvidia control panel but still have the same problem
But thank you for your suggestion.

Do you know when Dan is returning?

Thanks,
Mark
markab12

Postby jtrim1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:30 pm

I have the same issue. I also had this issue with SkyMaxx pro. Whenever I flew into overcast clouds, and xplane would "gray" out the screen to simulate the zero visibility, I'd only have gray sky in one eye, the other eye could still see just fine. I wonder if these two issues are related. Anyhow, I have uninstalled SkyMaxx pro now, and I have installed xEnviro and now I am only seeing the xEnviro clouds in one eye all the time, my other eye sees only clear sky.

I sure hope there is a fix for this, as I was so excited to try this xEnviro and it just doesn't work as it is.
jtrim1

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi All,

I'm going to look into xEnviro and will add support if possible (hopefully it will be easy) :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby jtrim1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:40 am

Thank you Dan!

I'm not sure, but I think it might be something a little higher up than just the xEnviro plugin, because I was seeing this same issue, with clouds, or the gray screen when entering overcast being drawn only in one eye. So, if you find the issue, it might fix a more global issue. :) that would be awesome. Thanks for checking into this!
jtrim1

Postby jtrim1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:49 pm

any news on this?
jtrim1

Postby mig » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:27 pm

i have the same problem with oculus rift and xenviro!!
my opinion is that they use 2d clouds in a 3d enviroment

a big thanks to jtrim1 he just save me 40$ i was ready to buy SkyMaxx pro
mig

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019