Mouse Pointer Frozen

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Mouse Pointer Frozen

Postby catchman86 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:50 pm

I'll try to describe this somewhat peculiar instance that has now happened twice on the same route. I'm attempting to fly XP10 EHAM-KJFK in the FF 767, a route that takes 6-8 hrs depending on winds. Everything seems to go well from takeoff through the Atlantic crossing. Somewhere around NE Canada, about 5-6 hrs time, the mouse stops responding when in the main VR view. The using the show/hide mouse command, I can see that it's in the top left of the Oculus' field of view, but I cannot get it to move. It will work, however, if I revert to the virtual desktop through the FlyInside menu, but stops as soon as I reenter the virtual cockpit.

This is my first time attempting a long haul flight with FlyInside, and I have not noticed this problem with other plane and scenery combinations on flights up to 4hrs. Is there any information I can provide to help you source the problem? Thanks again for bringing this technology into X-Plane.
catchman86

Re: Mouse Pointer Frozen

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank you for the very detailed information in your bug report. That's helpful, and the bug is unfortunate. Sorry to ruin your 8 hr flight :oops:

To make sure I'm understanding this issue, could you answer the following questions:
1. If you take off your headset, and look at the X-Plane window on your desktop, what is the status of the mouse? Is the actual 2d cursor stuck?
2. If you can move the 2d cursor, does the simulator respond to mouse-clicks? Basically, I'm trying to figure out if the mouse itself is stuck/non-working, or just the 3d mouse pointer graphic that's breaking.
3. If you go into Menu view (the virtual desktop) is the mouse pointer working completely normally?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Pointer Frozen

Postby catchman86 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi Dan, I'll try to answer from what I recall.

1. If you take off your headset, and look at the X-Plane window on your desktop, what is the status of the mouse? Is the actual 2d cursor stuck?
Under normal operation, I can see and move the 2d (headset off) and 3d cursor (headset on). This is not the case once the error occurs, however, since then both the 2d and 3d cursor are stuck, albeit they appear to be stuck in different spots. The 3d cursor seems to revert to the upper left corner while the 2d remains wherever it was last moved.

2. If you can move the 2d cursor, does the simulator respond to mouse-clicks? Basically, I'm trying to figure out if the mouse itself is stuck/non-working, or just the 3d mouse pointer graphic that's breaking.
The 2d mouse will respond to clicks only when I'm in the virtual desktop. The 3d mouse appears to stop reading inputs once this error happens.

3. If you go into Menu view (the virtual desktop) is the mouse pointer working completely normally?
The error is temporarily corrected when the headset is in the FlyInside menu or virtual desktop is displayed.
catchman86

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019