Accessing 'Menu' button from within VR Crash

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Accessing 'Menu' button from within VR Crash

Postby fearlessfrog » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello!

Crash report, hardware info in the attached. (i5 4690K@4.5 GHz, 1070 GTX, 16GB, Win10 64, Rift CV1 latest runtime). Hope it helps.

XP 11 beta (latest as of 15 Dec 2016)
XP Pro 1.71

Crash to desktop accessing the blue 'Menu' button while in a flight in VR. The stock 737, clean XP 11, no plugins. No weather, FPS ~20 with shearing turning head. Turned off 'Threaded Optimization' in global Nvidia settings.

Cheers,
FF

---------------------------
FlyInside FSX
---------------------------
FlyInside Fatal Error Encountered (-2147024882, 0)
Rendering\D3D11\D3D11Context.cpp: Line 308
Please post this message to http://flyinside-fsx.com/forum/
Be sure to include what hardware, software, and versions you are running

Be sure to attach the crash-log: C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside\error-20161215T151436.txt
Attachments
error-20161215T151436.txt
(56.44 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Last edited by fearlessfrog on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fearlessfrog

Re: Accessing 'Menu' button from within VR Crash

Postby Tony » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Is it consistent ? Can you replicate the bug every time mate?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby fearlessfrog » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Tony wrote:Is it consistent ? Can you replicate the bug every time mate?

Tony

I tried five times, and it happened in three of them. The other two times it got back to the FlyInside in VR menu but crashed when I hit the 'Settings' button.

Only other info I think I forgot was I'm on Nvidia driver version 376.33. Happy to provide any more info I can, as I do windows dev so good to dig away.
fearlessfrog

Postby Tony » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:59 am

Sorry to ask so many questions, what settings do you have in X-Plane ? Can you post a pic ? Also try rolling back that driver to your last favorite stable one ?

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:35 pm

This looks like an Out-of-memory bug. Based upon your system specs (please list them) and X-Plane settings, does this seem reasonable, or a likely FlyInside bug?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby fearlessfrog » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:45 pm

admin wrote:This looks like an Out-of-memory bug. Based upon your system specs (please list them) and X-Plane settings, does this seem reasonable, or a likely FlyInside bug?

Thanks,
Dan

Apologies for delay in my reply; away for work.

I'm trying to recreate now but this looks like it is fixed.

X-Plane beta got an update and I reinstall the latest flyinside as well. My X-Plane settings did have SMAA on already (I thought that flyinside would reset my settings, as it did the fullscreen/window thing already), and I think it was related to that. I put AA down to FXAA and just flew the stock Seattle area and it seems I can't make it crash (unlike my 737 flying). FPS seems a decent 50/90 on the menu, and I have no trouble using the menu button now. I have had some issues with 'waiting for sim' but I think that's just X-Plane caching stuff slowly.

If I get a crash I'll create a new post, but consider this one closed - thanks Tony/Dan.
fearlessfrog

Postby noirsette » Sun May 28, 2017 5:56 pm

I hate to necro an old thread, but this is the only result for the specific issue on google, and so it seems to make sense to keep things together.

I purchased X plane 11 today, and installed the flyinside trial; I was able to get it to run for about 3 minutes at most, and cause it to crash to desktop every single time I clicked on the menu button when the sim was loaded and I was in the cockpit. Upon disabling MSAA, I was just able to fly for a good long while until the in sim menu thing popped up, which I presume was to signify that the trial period was ending, and then the sim 'crashed' again. I have just tested whether the menu button still crashes it, and unfortunately it very much does.

Windows 8.1 64, Rift DK2 latest runtime, Intel i7 6700K @ 4.00ghz, AMD R9 390, 65gb ram (not a memory issue! ;)

Bizarrely, no crashdumps get generated for me, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Happy to help in any way you need to debug the issue, as it'll save me a great deal of cash in real life flying if I can do VR flying instead!

Thanks! :)
noirsette

Postby Tony » Sun May 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Can you try downloading an older version, like 1.7 and see if that works. It may be because Touch is implemented in 1.8 and the DK2 doesn't or can't use them, report back ;)
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Tony » Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby noirsette » Sun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey Tony,

That fixed it! Hitting menu works as expected with no crashing behavior now, thank you sir!
noirsette

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019