Very good job and considerations

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Very good job and considerations

Postby gonvise » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:23 am

Very good job guys, thanks! I did not expect so many features, but some considerations:

1. HDR... Are you working in this? with HDR, the FPS are too low, and made xplane11 un-playable. Without HDR, is all too dark.
2. We must set de level AA in FI or inside XP11?
3. While the scenary looks superb in VR (again, great work!), the complex gauges in hevay planes like 737 are difficult to read, even with max resolution. For exemple, FMC. Is there any way to improve this or is xplane 11 work?
4. When, after play in VR via FI, we want to play again in 2D via direct xplan11 icon, the offset view, full screen and FOV are maintained from VR setting. Is posible to completely separate the two settings, one for 2D, one for VR and not have to change these setting again and again?

And again, again and again ;-), thanks, very good job!
gonvise

Re: Very good job and considerations

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:37 pm

1) We're working on this. For some users (including ourselves) HDR works great, for some it is killing performance, even on the same GPU. An oddity for sure!
2) For HDR, set it inside X-Plane 11. For non-HDR, set inside FlyInside settings. I realize this isn't very obvious or well-explained, but I hope that helps.
3) If you're on maximum resolution, try adjusting the positioning of your headset. If you aren't in the small sweet-spot of the fresnel lenses everything gets blurrier.
4) This sounds like a bug, these settings are supposed to be separate. Anyone else seeing this?

Anyways, glad you're enjoying it! Thank you for the detailed feedback :)

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Very good job and considerations

Postby gonvise » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:01 am

Thanks... with no AA, the HDR is playable for me.

The problem with the setting is there, every time I change to "monitor" from VR, I have to reset offset, POV and change to fullscreen. The other settings remain.
gonvise

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019