SkyMaxx Pro 4 problem

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SkyMaxx Pro 4 problem

Postby gonvise » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:53 am

Hello,

I am very happy with the last release; without AA, I can fly Xplane 11 with HDR, and waiting Laminar to get better FPS.

Due to the poor representation of the clouds in Xp11, I have opted for the software SkyMaxx Pro 4, since xenviro doesn't meet my expectations (I'd like the 3D "puffs" clouds, xenviro is good in the distance, but very poor in the representation of nearby clouds).

But in Flyinside With SkyMaxx Pro 4, the clouds rotate when I move my head. Also, sometimes the clouds flash, very often.

This problem is the last thing until change to VR completely. Can you fix this, or I must to open a ticket in Skymaxx pro?

Thanks, and good job.
gonvise

Re: SkyMaxx Pro 4 problem

Postby gonvise » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:38 pm

A point... They disappear when I dont look directly forward (sorry, before I said that they rotate...).
gonvise

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:09 pm

We'll take a look at support for SkyMaxx Pro 4 :) We have a lot of higher priority bugs on our plate though, so it may be a bit.

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby gonvise » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 am

Ok, thanks, step by step ;-)

In the Skymaxx forum, they answer:

If you have any contact with the developers of FlyInside, it might be worth asking if they are setting sim/graphics/view/world_matrix and sim/graphics/view/projection_matrix as each eye's view is drawn. That's how we get the view frusta that we draw and cull the clouds against.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12220-rotate-clouds-and-flash-in-vr-flyinside-xp-171/
gonvise

Postby Mich » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:57 am

I am looking at the same setup Dan as indeed the clouds are poor in XP11. Hope you can fix the outstanding issues with Skymaxx! ;)
Mich

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019