[Bug] Problems with water surface

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

[Bug] Problems with water surface

Postby Stevil » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Dan,

I often fly around Ibiza (LEIB) and I saw some very strange "borders" in the sea. It looks like something is wrong with the water there:
In the morning or evening the colors of the water are very exaggerated while the other half of the border looks quite normal. Also the reflections look weird because on one half of the border there are reflections and on the other there are not.

Last but not least there are some strange reflections from the ground, which are also described in another thread:
It seems like some of the hills or something from the coast is shimmering in fragments on the water and I also had some unnatural reflections from the runway on the water where there should not be any.

I will add some screenshots for you. This is not limited to the LEIB area. I have the same effects when flying around Nizza LFMN - same border, same shimmering, same weird reflections. Sometimes it looks like the stars are on the water and not in the sky.

If you are still in need of beta testers please let me know. It would be a pleasure to support you guys.

BR
Stephan
Attachments
SR-71_1-iloveimg-converted.jpg
Without FlyInside it looks normal
SR-71_1-iloveimg-converted.jpg (116.86 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
S-76C_2.jpg
S-76C_2.jpg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
S-76C_5.jpg
S-76C_5.jpg (186.51 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Re: [Bug] Problems with water surface

Postby admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:16 pm

Copy/pasted from a similar thread:

Right now FlyInside XP disables X-Plane 11 water animations. X-Plane 11 water animations have an issue where they take up a disproportionate amount of FPS, hence the solid blue water. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future X-Plane update, and we'll update FlyInside to match :)

If you'd prefer FlyInside not to interfere, you can go to "FlyInside Menu -> Settings -> Graphics", uncheck "Enable VR Optimizations", and restart your simulator.

Thanks!
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Problems with water surface

Postby Stevil » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:38 am

Thanks for your information on this topic, Dan.

I will try it out:)
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019