Cockpit brightness without HDR

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Cockpit brightness without HDR

Postby ryujin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:58 pm

olipilot wrote:Hi,

can you please tell me where to put this settings.txt?
Do I have to copy them into a config-File? There is nothing in my x-plane-root-folder.
Thanks.

C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside\settings_pro_FlyInside XP settings.ini

for me on Win10
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Postby jkeye » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

I've been playing around and with the dark value at 2.0 and light at 0.4 I'm getting acceptable results.
I think the dark value is more critical.
From my research I don't think HDR will be possible with this generation of headset :( although I'm hoping so the non HDR tweaks will have to do.
i7 4820k@3.7 GHz 16GB RAM GTX1070
HTC Vive P3D v4.2. XP11 11.20
jkeye

Postby theskyisthelimit99 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:11 pm

jkeye wrote:I've been playing around and with the dark value at 2.0 and light at 0.4 I'm getting acceptable results.
From my research I don't think HDR will be possible with this generation of headset :( although I'm hoping so the non HDR tweaks will have to do.

I run with HDR on, but AA is off in the sim, and set to 8x in FI, i get ok results.. yes there is shimmering depending on scenery, but its as mitigated as can be with HDR turned on.. (1080 gpu)

However, if these tweaks for HDR off are really working (havent had a chance to test yet), then i'm assuming by turning HDR off, tweaking the brightness, it should then be possible to crank AA in the sim as well, resulting in minimal shimmering.. is this what everyone has found to be the case using these non hdr tweaks? (IE: ability to turn up AA with HDR off)
Z170-a | SL Delid 6700k 4.7 1.402-0.008LLC6(vcore=1.44) | F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40 at 3466 | TT 3.0 Riing | Thermaltake v51 | Evga 1080FTW Hybrid Water(43c p3d) | Rift | Leap | CH Yoke/Pedals | P3D v3.4.14 and Aerofly FS2 (evo SSD)/XP10(std sata)
Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew
theskyisthelimit99

Postby jkeye » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 pm

theskyisthelimit99 wrote:
jkeye wrote:I've been playing around and with the dark value at 2.0 and light at 0.4 I'm getting acceptable results.

I run with HDR on, but AA is off in the sim, and set to 8x in FI, i get ok results.. yes there is shimmering depending on scenery, but its as mitigated as can be with HDR turned on.. (1080 gpu)

However, if these tweaks for HDR off are really working (havent had a chance to test yet), then i'm assuming by turning HDR off, tweaking the brightness, it should then be possible to crank AA in the sim as well, resulting in minimal shimmering.. is this what everyone has found to be the case using these non hdr tweaks? (IE: ability to turn up AA with HDR off)

I get a black screen when I use hdr so it's unusable age 15 minutes or so. Do you get that too?
Unfortunately I have to keep AA in the sim to a minimum even without HDR to get good frames but with the values at least the cockpit is just about visible
i7 4820k@3.7 GHz 16GB RAM GTX1070
HTC Vive P3D v4.2. XP11 11.20
jkeye

Postby Stevil » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:52 pm

jkeye wrote:
theskyisthelimit99 wrote:

I get a black screen when I use hdr so it's unusable age 15 minutes or so. Do you get that too?
Unfortunately I have to keep AA in the sim to a minimum even without HDR to get good frames but with the values at least the cockpit is just about visible

Hey did you already participate in our poll regarding the black screen issue?
This would help Dan and the team to track this issue down:)

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4540

Best regards
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby theskyisthelimit99 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:51 am

Stevil wrote:However, if these tweaks for HDR off are really working (havent had a chance to test yet), then i'm assuming by turning HDR off, tweaking the brightness, it should then be possible to crank AA in the sim as well, resulting in minimal shimmering.. is this what everyone has found to be the case using these non hdr tweaks? (IE: ability to turn up AA with HDR off)

Unfortunately I have to keep AA in the sim to a minimum even without HDR to get good frames but with the values at least the cockpit is just about visible[/quote]

Hey did you already participate in our poll regarding the black screen issue?
This would help Dan and the team to track this issue down:)

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4540

Best regards
Stephan[/quote]

Sorry on the late reply.. i didnt do the poll but will..

I dont get a black screen.. but i get with SMP, flickering/flashing clouds that disappear for a split second or garbled pixels every now and then.

I tried the 0.4 / 2.0 and AA at 16x with hdr off.. yes it made things bright, but the landscape at KBOS (MisterX) was a mess of pastel colors.. shimmer wise, it wasnt that much better than my 8x in FI + none in the sim with HDR on to justify it.. unless i need to just tweak it more.

Also, when i tried HDR off.. i found that there was a weird black square to the right in my vision as i turned my head. And things looked weird with the lower atmosphere fog layer as well.
Z170-a | SL Delid 6700k 4.7 1.402-0.008LLC6(vcore=1.44) | F4-3200C15D-16GVK @1.40 at 3466 | TT 3.0 Riing | Thermaltake v51 | Evga 1080FTW Hybrid Water(43c p3d) | Rift | Leap | CH Yoke/Pedals | P3D v3.4.14 and Aerofly FS2 (evo SSD)/XP10(std sata)
Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew
theskyisthelimit99

Previous

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019