Flyinside XP Pro 1.73 Terrible Jerky Frames

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Flyinside XP Pro 1.73 Terrible Jerky Frames

Postby muse458 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:01 am

Hi Dan Tony

just a quick message since the beta 9 release Flyinside 1.71 and 1.73 has had very jerky stuttering frames.. not very flyable at all. I'm assuming the beta broke something in flyinside that you may need to fix etc.

Still using FSX and P3d and they are working great.

win 10 64bit
GTX 1070 driver 378.49 - was still doing it on the previous driver as well.
6700K intel
ASUS motherboard
16gb Ram ddr4
muse458

Re: Flyinside XP Pro 1.73 Terrible Jerky Frames

Postby frontendrob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 am

Wake me up when a version of FI isn't terribly jerky...
- 4790K, 980ti, 16GB, SSD, Rift CV1, Win 10
frontendrob

Postby Tony » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 am

What jerkiness are you guys getting ? Mine is smooth, maybe your settings are too high ???
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby muse458 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:54 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, I do have them somewhat high, but I had them pretty set about 3 X plane beta releases ago,it was going pretty smooth... haven't changed them since then, so with every xplane beta fix it has got progressively worse.

I have tested with most things on low, it seems to say on 26-28fps no matter what I do.

when i move my head left and right it has black squares on the peripherals, its trying to catch up rendering.

Happy to try some things if you like?

Cheers and keep up the good work. P3D and FSX still going well
muse458

Postby Stevil » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:13 am

muse458 wrote:Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, I do have them somewhat high, but I had them pretty set about 3 X plane beta releases ago,it was going pretty smooth... haven't changed them since then, so with every xplane beta fix it has got progressively worse.

I have tested with most things on low, it seems to say on 26-28fps no matter what I do.

when i move my head left and right it has black squares on the peripherals, its trying to catch up rendering.

Happy to try some things if you like?

Cheers and keep up the good work. P3D and FSX still going well

Hi,

over at the x-plane.org forum some guys experience low fps because of XP11 pb11 itself because the preference files seem to get confused.

Have you tried a fresh XP11 beta or demo installation with FlyInside? If that would be running better we would be one step further.

Best regards
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby ryujin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 am

Also for me what makes a huge difference is visibility. I am now running NOAA pluglin and limit visibility to 16-40sm. Without clouds and visibility around 16sm I can fly 45-50fps in low density areas (KRMY for example) with High settings (no HDR) and 30fps in high density areas (KLAX for example). This with Orhto4XP and and w2xpl (US West "Real Life"). You guys are more experienced than me and so you probably already know this... but it was literally driving me nuts as with CAVOK I was getting very low FPS like 20-22 and could not understand wth was going on. I then checked weather settings and figured that Xenviro was setting a huge visibility value and that was killing my FPS.
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Postby Stevil » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

ryujin wrote:Also for me what makes a huge difference is visibility. I am now running NOAA pluglin and limit visibility to 16-40sm. Without clouds and visibility around 16sm I can fly 45-50fps in low density areas (KRMY for example) with High settings (no HDR) and 30fps in high density areas (KLAX for example). This with Orhto4XP and and w2xpl (US West "Real Life"). You guys are more experienced than me and so you probably already know this... but it was literally driving me nuts as with CAVOK I was getting very low FPS like 20-22 and could not understand wth was going on. I then checked weather settings and figured that Xenviro was setting a huge visibility value and that was killing my FPS.

This is the reason why I suggested to only compare apples with apples:
Compare the same XP fresh install/demo with no addons beside FlyInside , same weather (CAVOK), same plane, same airport, same settings.
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby ryujin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Stevil wrote:
ryujin wrote:Also for me what makes a huge difference is visibility. I am now running NOAA pluglin and limit visibility to 16-40sm. Without clouds and visibility around 16sm I can fly 45-50fps in low density areas (KRMY for example) with High settings (no HDR) and 30fps in high density areas (KLAX for example). This with Orhto4XP and and w2xpl (US West "Real Life"). You guys are more experienced than me and so you probably already know this... but it was literally driving me nuts as with CAVOK I was getting very low FPS like 20-22 and could not understand wth was going on. I then checked weather settings and figured that Xenviro was setting a huge visibility value and that was killing my FPS.

This is the reason why I suggested to only compare apples with apples:
Compare the same XP fresh install/demo with no addons beside FlyInside , same weather (CAVOK), same plane, same airport, same settings.

Yes I always do that... but I actually fly real weather on PilotEdge, and when I was flying (not testing) it was not clear to me what was the issue as there were no clouds which I can understand can be FPS killers. When I realized the issue was visibility, it completely changed my performance with FI.
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Postby mdolphin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Stevil wrote:muse458 wrote:
Hi Tony,

Exactly the same here. Same graphics settings inX-Plane since month's, but much more stuttering and "black squares" at the edges since 1.71 (or X-Plane PB9, who knows?)
HDR still not working with 1.73, but at least I get past the start screen. With HDR enabled I always get a "Problems activating OpenGL" message in the logs, just at the moment I should get to my plane, after loading everything. X-Plane then crashes.

Stevil wrote:Hi,

over at the x-plane.org forum some guys experience low fps because of XP11 pb11 itself because the preference files seem to get confused.

Yes, I already experienced that, also without FlyInside. But that "stuttering" is much more extreme, so that I end up with 1 or 2 fps when it occurs. For me the solution is to just change and reset some settings in the "graphics" and "Joystick" options of X-Plane before I start my first flight of each session. So the prefs will be rewritten each time I start my first flight of the day, and that way it works. But I think that's not the effect "muse" and I are discussing here.
Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core I7-4790 CPU, GeForce GTX 980 TI, 16 MB RAM, P3D 3.4, X-Plane 11 PB
mdolphin

Postby scottw1204 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Similar experience here...jerky/juttering motion, low frame rates/performance (22fps). P3D and FSX are amazing with high detail and 35-45fps. Without FI, X-plane is pretty smooth.
Guessing this is a beta issue?
i7-7700K, 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte 170 UD3 Motherboard, SanDisk 980GB SSD, Flux Capacitor w/ Time Travel @ 88MPH
scottw1204

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019