White or Black Screen

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

White or Black Screen

Postby Astro » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:40 pm

I did a lot of flights with HDR on and off this weekend, here are my results.

With HDR on and 2xSaa Fxaa and the 3840 resolution I´m getting good visuals, I changed the antiisotrpic filter to 16x in the dataref editor, the FI output file keeps this setting, so you dont have to put it in every time you start XP.
FPS are 30 to40/90 in dense areas, unfortunatly I´m getting occasional black or with screens, sometimes even at startup, when that happens Xenviro clouds are still rendered, also nightlights, and sometimes part of the gauges, I´m just loosing the rest of the cockpit and all the scenery.
I checked GPU,CPU,VRAM, and RAM usage when that happens, but there is nothing noticable going on, no peaks or whatever.
What i find interresting is that with this settings and the textures in XP set to medium, I´m still using up to 10GB VRAM, wich seems pretty hight to me.
At the moment I still prefer HDR off, with the known issues of the dark cockpit, and the fog cutting of on the horizon when you move your head up and down.
By the way has anyone else noticed that reducing the visibility gives much bhetter performance.
I7 6700K 4.2 GHZ-16GB RAM-Titan X Pascal-Win 10-CV1
Astro

Re: White or Black Screen

Postby ryujin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi Astro, the HDR black/white screen of death :) is a known bug and I hope it will be fixed soon in FI.
Regarding the visibility/fps issue it literally drove me nuts. I am using Xenviro as well and I was not understanding why some times i was getting 30-40/90 and some other times dropping to 20 fps.
Then I noticed that with CAVOK conditions Xenviro sometime sets visibility to 190Km! Reducing that to 10-15Km gave me back FPS to 30/40. I've just asked on Facebook Xenviro page if it's possible to limit visibility somehow... I hope they'll come up with something :(
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019