Blurry when zoomed out, sharp when zoomed in(but not zoomed)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Blurry when zoomed out, sharp when zoomed in(but not zoomed)

Postby Erion » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 am

I'm testing flyinside XP, and compared to the other two versions I found it extremely blurry and unfocused. But then I accidentally zoomed in with the mouse wheel, and that created a bunch of black boxes around the view, and as I kept scrolling, the image became gradually smaller, but what I could see inside the black box became just as sharp as with the FSX version. The zoomed in picture wasn't zoomed in actually (it wasn't any bigger than before), just sharper, and it's surrounding went black. Then I started zooming out and after a point it became blurry again.
Is there any way to make it always as sharp as the zoomed in image?

On an unrelated note, I have flyinside FSX and P3D as well, and now I wanted to start using Xplane, but 47 euros again? That's almost as much as I paid for Xplane, and I've bought this twice already, I feel there really should be some discount for those of us who buy all 3 versions.
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

Re: Blurry when zoomed out, sharp when zoomed in(but not zoo

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4757 try the link and see if it helps you ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Stevil » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:48 am

Hey Tony,

I am not using a Rift and I can confirm what he says. When zooming in at some point it is really nice and sharp compared to the "normal view". I am also using supersampling with the Vive.

Cheers
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Erion » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm also using vive. I've tried flying a bit again and noticed that zooming in actually does the same as reducing FOV overdraw, so yeah, that should make it sharper, so sorry, disregard that. However I still think Flyinside XP is much more blurry than flyinside fsx. It's virtual desktop thingy is the same sharpness, but inside the cockpit it's pretty blurry, hard to read stuff, even harder than it was with Oculus DK2 and FSX. Am I the only one seeing it this way?
i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti 6 GB, W10, Xp11, HTC VIVE
Erion

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019