X-plane 11 RC1

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

X-plane 11 RC1

Postby Tony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Well X-plane 11 is in release candidate number 1. Do we all think it's ready ? I am fairly happy with it, Well I must be because I haven't flown P3D or FSX for weeks :)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: X-plane 11 RC1

Postby Ayousry » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Its amazing in looks and performance for 2D...but for Vr honeslty
Am not happy with the shimmering and stutters.

Also i dont know if they have fixed the FPS issue , cause i dont see any FPS difference than the beta!!

Will we see FI update soon?!

I7 6700k@4.4ghz
GTX 1080
16gb ram
250 ssd
Ayousry

Postby Tony » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 am

Your system is identical to mine. I don't get stuttering at all.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby gcbraun » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 am

Here is running good as well. Usually aboce 30fps. I do get some weird artifacts in the distance, but I think that is a bug with X-Plane itself.
Intel 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - GTX 1080 Ti 11gb - 32Gb RAM - 2tb SSD
Windows 10 - Oculus Rift CV1 (Flyinside)
Prepar3D v3.4 / X-Plane 11
gcbraun

Postby twgin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:48 am

I'm doing OK with RC1 so far, I believe there are some conflicts with plugins. I'm not pointing any fingers but I'll just relate my experience...

I get constant crashes with some airplanes on startup and when clicking on the options button... log.txt isn't much help as when the crash occurs it seems to be in a random place, but I believe that something is going on between XP, FlyInside and the Xassign plugin. I like to fly lots of different aircraft and I can't imagine not having Xassign storing controller profiles for all the different planes and helicopters, etc.

I think part of my problem is that I keep a Yoke and a Joystick plugged in all the time (yoke for twins, heavy metal, etc and joystick for helicopters and planes with joysticks). This leads to an immediate (XP) problem of pitch and roll being assigned to two different axes, which will pop up a magenta warning message in the joystick setup page. Well, I can work around that. But all during the beta run Xassign profiles (including global profiles) would get messed up with XP dumping the most random button assignments imaginable into the profiles, especially after an update to a new beta. This problem seems to have lessened the further into the beta run we got, but still remains to some extent (button assignments will remain but will shift, i.e. a button assigned to "move view up" would suddenly become "move view left" !). I don't know whether FlyInside contributes to the messed up profiles or the crashes, but I recall reading some post about conflicts between FI and Xassign. XP also seems too fragile in dealing with unassigned devices, leading to crashes. The problems can be minimized by having some assigned buttons/axes for every device connected, staying away from multiple axes being assigned to the same thing (pitch for instance) and constantly resaving Xassign profiles (and global profiles).

This evening I got constant crashes trying to load the Virtavia Sea King helicopter, which has flown well throughout the beta run, albeit with some graphics glitches (rotor doesn't look right at all). I noticed in this case that log.txt always ended after the DreamEngine sound plugin was loaded. The Sea King has been around for awhile so I downloaded the latest version of the DreamEngine plugin; the crashes quit, I was able to load and fly the Sea King, but no engine sounds (other sounds fine, gear, wind, etc. but no engine). I looked at a more recent Virtavia product, the B-29 and copied the DreamEngine plugin folder from the B-29 to the Sea King. It worked, kind of... the Sea King now sounded like a B-29 ! After figuring out which file has the sounds, I was able to load and fly the Sea King with the correct engine sounds and no more crashes ! Success ! mostly...

When loading the B-29 and the Sea King into XP desktop (no steam VR, no FI) I got good engine sounds... when loading the B-29 and the Sea King into XP VR (start Steam VR, start FlyInside), no engine sounds (and some throttle lever animation not working in the B-29). I replicated this quite a few times...

So, pretty sure something going on with FI and the DreamEngine sound plugin (which shows up in quite a few payware planes)... wonder if anyone else has noticed this ?

Out of curiousity, Ben at XP has stated that Laminar was "talking directly" to you guys at FlyInside, and more than one Laminar person has stated that LR is going to aggressively pursue native VR for XP as soon as XP11 is out the door (i.e. pretty quick now). In general terms, how does that all work out for FlyInside ? Do you collaborate with LR, getting insanely rich selling FI to LR ? Or fade away into the sunset, a one hit XP wonder ? However it turns out, in my book you guys are rock stars, trailblazers, masters of the universe, etc. You brought XP, kicking and screaming, into the VR world; that only happens once ! Great job and many thanks !

Terry
twgin

Postby Rift Flyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:08 am

Honesty I'm not impressed with the release candidate when in VR. Framerates have not been optimized enough and the shimmering autogen and trees make it unusable for me for any length of time. It also stutters way too much when flying anything but a straight line. Think helicopter doing a pedal turn for example. I'm still waiting to pick up a 1080ti and hope things will improve. Although many have reported no difference in frame rates between a 1070 and 1080ti on the desktop version so it remains to be seen how much of an improvement the card will bring. Hopefully enough to hit 45fps constant so I can utilize ASW.

I'm extremely grateful for the work that has been done to date by Dan and the team I just hope it can be pushed that bit further to become comfortably usable.
System: Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k @ 5.1ghz | 32gb 3466mhz | Asus Strix 1080ti (388.59)| X-Plane 11.10R3 | FlyinsideXP 1.9
VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | Oculus Touch | Leap
Primary HID: Komodo Simulations cyclic, C-Tek anti torque pedals and collective
Rift Flyer

Postby Stevil » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:15 am

Well, I love flying in XP11 and never encountered that much problems. My framerate is pretty good and I have no stuttering at all. Maybe you should try to delete the preferences once and see if it changes anything.

And, like always, before buying a new GPU better check what really slows down your fps: CPU or GPU. Of course you won't have any disadvantages when buying a 1080TI (besides empty pockets afterwards ;) ) but maybe you won't achieve what you aimed for...
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Rift Flyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:47 am

I should be good on the CPU and memory front. I spend most of my VR time in DCS where I know the GPU upgrade will help so if LR don't do anything to improve pascal performance I can still enjoy dcs in VR with the investment. I have tried deleting preferences and it has not helped the stuttering. Honestly the judder in positional tracking caused by not being able to maintain enough framerate for ASW and the shimmering autogen is a bigger problem. I can enjoy flying a GA plane for a little while but helicopters (which I want to be flying) are a different story. The shimmering and judder make me sick in a couple of minutes.
System: Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k @ 5.1ghz | 32gb 3466mhz | Asus Strix 1080ti (388.59)| X-Plane 11.10R3 | FlyinsideXP 1.9
Rift Flyer

Postby Stevil » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:19 am

Do you have vsync activated in the NVIDIA settings?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Rift Flyer » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:38 am

I have tried vsync on, half and off also tried threaded optimization on and off without affecting the stutter. There is little or no noticeable stutter in GA planes when flying straight but take a helicopter for a spin and perform a medium rate hovering pedal turn and you will see it. The same is true with x-plane 10.
Rift Flyer

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019