Importing window crashes FI

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Importing window crashes FI

Postby kempybez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 am

Hi all,

As title says when i import a window i get a crash.

I recently started using Pilot2ATC.

I found very quickly that i needed to see that inside the rift. I imported the window and got it exactly where i wanted it, as soon as i moved my head around i get "waiting for simulator" screen and then Xplane not responding resulting in a CTD.

Anyone else having these issues or even using Pilot2ATC imported window?

I find if i use one without the other its ok but both together seems to make it stop responding. I know that P2A loads alot of databases so can be resource intensive.
MB: Asus Maximus Hero viii | CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz oc | RAM: 16gb DDR4 @3000 | GPU:GeForce GTX1080ti 11Gb | OS:Win7 x64 | Display: Oculus Rift CV1 | Flight Controls: TM Warthog, Saitek Cessna Yoke+pedals+2 Throttle Quads, Oculus Touch.
kempybez

Re: Importing window crashes FI

Postby lol4 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:52 am

Had similar problem just importing map and control panel. Not all the time though but enough to to be annoying.
lol4

Postby Greyman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:25 pm

I've just downloaded the trial version and the first time I imported the window, I got the same result as the op. However, from the second load onwards it seemes to work. There are some of the commands that spawn other Windows and I think this is what probably messes up FI, so for now I just try to avoid those. You can always shut them down by taking the headset off or going to the sim window and closing the windows with the mouse.

I really hope I can get this to work, even if not fully, as it really does look just like the ATC addon that I've been looking for. The maps for taxiing, for example, are going to be most useful. I'm not sure whether the p2atc autopilot conflicts with the one in the plane, but that will be one of the things I will be checking out over the remainder of my trial period.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Greyman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:15 pm

By way of an update, there is obviously an issue with the virtual window as Xplane does appear to lock up fairly often. However, if I go to the FI menu and change the window border size, when I return to the 3D cockpit, it is working again. It's a PITA, but nowhere near as frustrating as having to reload Xplane and/or pilot2atc.
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby Tony » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Virtual windows with X-plane 11 hasn't been added yet ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Greyman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm

It appears to have been "added" enough to work, at least for most of the time. :)

From a non-dev perspective, it actually looks quite close and of the ATC plugins I've tried so far, this one has by far the most promise.

I need to try a fair few more flights, to really exercise the ATC logic, but the interface and features sure are good looking. Charts, taxi maps, a built-in autopilot and now a pretty damn good automatic flight plan creator, to name but a few of the features.
Oculus Rift/Touch
Greyman

Postby kempybez » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:06 am

Greyman wrote:It appears to have been "added" enough to work, at least for most of the time. :)

From a non-dev perspective, it actually looks quite close and of the ATC plugins I've tried so far, this one has by far the most promise.

I need to try a fair few more flights, to really exercise the ATC logic, but the interface and features sure are good looking. Charts, taxi maps, a built-in autopilot and now a pretty damn good automatic flight plan creator, to name but a few of the features.

I have held off buying it for now until FI is working with it otherwise it is a PITA.
I cant imagine flying SP without P2A now.
Hope Dan and the team can make this happen as i have not flown in weeks due to this :cry:
MB: Asus Maximus Hero viii | CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz oc | RAM: 16gb DDR4 @3000 | GPU:GeForce GTX1080ti 11Gb | OS:Win7 x64 | Display: Oculus Rift CV1 | Flight Controls: TM Warthog, Saitek Cessna Yoke+pedals+2 Throttle Quads, Oculus Touch.
kempybez

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019