Double Shadow/Low Frame rate XP11 / FI1.8

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Double Shadow/Low Frame rate XP11 / FI1.8

Postby pegruder » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 pm

So this is an issue I originally started having when I installed the XP11 beta and the previous FI. There is this weird double image "shadow" with extremely low frame rate, even in an unpopulated area. I uninstalled and figured ill wait until XP 11 is released with the accompanying FI version. I've been using XP11 with no problems now for some time since it's been released and just noticed 1.8 of FI was released. I installed FI fresh and I still seem to have the same issue. So far my P3D version is 100% for the short time I've used it with 1.8. Any ideas on what this may be? Specs are an i7 4790 OC to 4.6Ghz / 16GB RAM, and and GTX 1080 Amp Extreme edition.
pegruder

Re: Double Shadow/Low Frame rate XP11 / FI1.8

Postby Jzig » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm guessing you're talking about this shadow issue: http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5363

Same here, had hope 1.8 would fix it but no change. Same issue with FPS, even in the menus I'm getting like 10 FPS now and if you have touch enabled it makes it incredibly frustrating to select anything with such low FPS. Turning HDR off made the shadow thing stop but didn't help the new low FPS issue.
i7 4790K | 16GB DDR3 2400mhz | Asus gtx1070 8GB | Rift CV1 w/ Touch | Win10 x64 on SSD | XP10/11 on SSD
Jzig

Postby pegruder » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Same here, I forgot to mention the menus are around 8fps as well. It was nice checking out the touch support in P3D although it's just not my sim of choice as of late.
pegruder

Postby Jzig » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Tested a little further. When I first load X-plane, FPS is good in the menus but when the cockpit view loads, the shadow bug is present and HDR enabled. When I slide the main settings meter back to medium to turn HDR off, the shadow bug goes away but my FPS is cut in half. If I load a new airplane, HDR gets turned back on with the shadow bug and then I have to go back into settings and move the slider slightly and set it back at medium and hit ok. The sim reloads, HDR off again w/ bad FPS.
i7 4790K | 16GB DDR3 2400mhz | Asus gtx1070 8GB | Rift CV1 w/ Touch | Win10 x64 on SSD | XP10/11 on SSD
Jzig

Postby Greyman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:10 pm

The shadows appear to be some form of residue, perhaps from a previous session, as i have just been flying at 34,000ft and the shadows looked very much like ghostly buildings and taxiway signs, so probably nothing to do with the existing scenery.

I'm no expert on programming, not for a long time at least, but it looks like something isn't being initialised properly or rogue data is somehow getting onto the image.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby frankstolp » Tue May 02, 2017 5:53 am

Try uninstalling FlywithLUA; worked for me.
My rig: I6700, 16Gig, GTX1070, HTC Vive, FSX SE, Xplane 11 RC 1, P3d v3.
frankstolp

Postby pegruder » Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 am

frankstolp wrote:Try uninstalling FlywithLUA; worked for me.

With FPS/Shadows or both? I'll have to give it a shot. Just trying to remember what I have that required me to install it in the first place. I usually try and keep the plugins to a minimum.
pegruder

Postby Stevil » Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 pm

Deleted FlywithLUA but no changes regarding the cockpit glass shadows here...
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby admin » Tue May 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Hey all,

After the latest update, shadow and FPS issues are a very high priority for us. There are a few things going on in this one thread, so bear with me.

1. Does anyone still hit shadow issues after turning off both FlyWithLUA, and going from "HDR+SSAO to HDR"? Currently, the shadow issues we've been running into here have only been with SSAO turned on, so if you're running into shadow issues without SSAO, more information would be helpful in tracking it down.
2. For those of you who removed FlyWithLUA, and then had shadow problems go away, is there any chance you could narrow down a specific script causing the issue? We'll do some experimentation on our end too of course.

Jzig: When you say "new low FPS issue", are you seeing a significant performance difference between 1.8 and the previous FlyInside version? Any chance you could characterize the "FPS: XX/YY" numbers? So you know, you can safely install FlyInside 1.74 over FlyInside 1.8 and vice-versa to switch versions. Also, can you confirm that you're getting lower FPS without HDR than with HDR?

pegruder: Is the "8 fps" in menus bug new for you since prior versions of FlyInside with X-Plane 11?

Thank you for the reports everyone. Trying to coalesce these reports to figure out how many different bugs there are, so we can fix as many as possible for 1.81 ;)
Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby pegruder » Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

admin wrote:Hey all,

After the latest update, shadow and FPS issues are a very high priority for us. There are a few things going on in this one thread, so bear with me.

1. Does anyone still hit shadow issues after turning off both FlyWithLUA, and going from "HDR+SSAO to HDR"? Currently, the shadow issues we've been running into here have only been with SSAO turned on, so if you're running into shadow issues without SSAO, more information would be helpful in tracking it down.
2. For those of you who removed FlyWithLUA, and then had shadow problems go away, is there any chance you could narrow down a specific script causing the issue? We'll do some experimentation on our end too of course.

Jzig: When you say "new low FPS issue", are you seeing a significant performance difference between 1.8 and the previous FlyInside version? Any chance you could characterize the "FPS: XX/YY" numbers? So you know, you can safely install FlyInside 1.74 over FlyInside 1.8 and vice-versa to switch versions. Also, can you confirm that you're getting lower FPS without HDR than with HDR?

pegruder: Is the "8 fps" in menus bug new for you since prior versions of FlyInside with X-Plane 11?

Thank you for the reports everyone. Trying to coalesce these reports to figure out how many different bugs there are, so we can fix as many as possible for 1.81 ;)
Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. As long as I've had XP11 and FI installed I've never had anything better than around 8fps in sim or in menus. I'll give the setting changes a shot in a few minutes and report back.
pegruder

Next

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019