FlyInside Fatel Error (W:3)

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: FlyInside Fatel Error (W:3)

Postby Tony » Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 pm

OK Uninstall Flyinside again and delete the created desktop icons. When You install Flyinside does it point to the default directory where you installed X-plane mate ?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby v-man » Thu May 18, 2017 3:34 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled flyInside, yes its pointing to the correct directory where x-plane was installed. So you know, flyInside installed on the C drive, and because of its size I had the x-plane install on the D drive which is much larger on my system. This has been the setup since the beginning, when everything was working.

Thanks for you assistance, this is not a huge deal, I am just curious.
v-man

Re: FlyInside Fatal Error (W:3)

Postby v-man » Fri May 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay Tony,

Here some interesting information you can pass to Dev to look into in the future. Low priority, but still weird.

I was able to have some time to myself at home and connected the VR, after my last reinstall I did.

1) I executed xplane.exe and flyInside asked about the graphics card. It then shut down the app and requested I reload.
2) I executed xplane.exe again and was able to start flying with VR, flyInside asked if I wanted to "try", "buy", or "activate". I reactivated my licence and FlyInside shut down and requested a reload.
3) I executed xplane.exe one more time, but this time it launched without VR as it should. I exited the program.
4) I executed flyInsidexp.exe and everything worked as it was supposed to.

Strange that activating the licence somehow disconnected the xplane.exe from launching flyInside automatically.
v-man

Postby Tony » Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 am

Funny you should mention this mate, was tinkering with ortho4xp last night and adding scenery and the like. Also changed a setting or 2 in flyinside. On my next restart flyinside asked for the activation again. Strangely so did xplane. Bizarre ????
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Previous

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019