Panel Manipulator Controls INOP For Leap Motion Hand Pointer

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Panel Manipulator Controls INOP For Leap Motion Hand Pointer

Postby Steve.Wilson » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:07 pm

I've sent a more detailed email regarding this to the support address, but thought I would post it here as well - really need a solution for a professional training package intended for use in real world pilot transition training.

The Leap Motion hand (finger) pointer is not completely acting like a mouse pointer in X-Plane.

As a conventional mouse pointer is moved, if it encounters a 3D "panel" type manipulator object - a few polygons, for example - the X/Y position of the texture pixels that are under the mouse pointer, as it hovers over the manipulator, are returned to X-Plane. So if the coordinates of the position on the panel.png correspond to an X-Plane control, click or click and drag interactivity is provided. This also allows clicks on the 3D manipulator object to be passed to a 2D control set up in Planemaker.

These pixel locations are also passed to X-Plane datarefs, which makes additional custom functionality possible.

Here's an example. In this image, the mouse pointer is over a simple flat polygon pair that is mapped to the panel.png and has been defined as a "panel" type manipulator. The coordinates presented in the two datarefs represent the position of the pixel that the pointer is over on the panel.png.

PIX.jpg
PIX.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 4916 times

When the Leap Motion hand is in the same location, these datarefs both return -1.000000, indicating incorrectly that the pointer is not over a panel.png texture pixel.

I hope very much that adding control interaction with the panel type manipulator is on the close range radar of FlyInside. It's actually pretty critical to the success of our project.

Any input, Tony? Devs?
Steve.Wilson

Re: Panel Manipulator Controls INOP For Leap Motion Hand Poi

Postby Tony » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Did you send this to Dan's email address mate ? I know he would like to see this.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Panel Manipulator Controls INOP For Leap Motion Hand Poi

Postby Steve.Wilson » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks Tony - I took the liberty of replying via email.
Steve.Wilson

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019