Touch, 3d cursor and blue dot

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Touch, 3d cursor and blue dot

Postby sttts » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi,

since 1.8.1 I have serious problems interacting with touch and/or the blue dot. It goes so far that I give up with FlyInside because it's just too frustrating.

The issue:

Sometimes the blue dot appears when I press the interact button on the joystick (then everything is fine), often it doesn't. Instead the FlyInside popup window appears, but it lacks the move and scale button. But without the blue dot I cannot interact. Moreover, the 3D cursor does not work anymore in the very same moment (the mouse moves with my head movement and is not attached to the cockpit).

I believe this situation without blue dot is connected to the Oculus Touch. The blue hand is visible, but Oculus Touch support is not very reliable yet in many planes. Moreover, certain things like imported-windows control doesn't work at all (the button for move and scale cannot be clicked with the Touch finger). So it's very frustrating when Touch works, but the blue dot disappears.

What is the connection between the blue dot and Touch? They seem to be exclusive. Why?

Best regards,
Stefan
sttts

Re: Touch, 3d cursor and blue dot

Postby Greyman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:30 pm

The blue dot is placed right in the middle of where your headset is looking, so although you would expect it to be reasonably close to where the touch controllers are, in space, there should be no absolute need for them to be in exactly the same place. In other words, the Touch controllers should be independent of the blue dot and should, technically, work even if you are looking in the opposite direction.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby sttts » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:36 am

The problem is that the blue dot is gone (using the interaction button on the joystick) as soon as the touch controllers are attached and power with the battery. I now remove the battery in order to use FlyInside. Then the blue dot is back.
sttts

Postby Tony » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:18 am

I'll point your post to Dan and he may need to troubleshoot with you.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019