The view in 2D screwed up after running FlyInside

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

The view in 2D screwed up after running FlyInside

Postby WebMaximus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:36 am

Just started using FlyInside for XP11 and noticed how the view on a 2D display was all screwed up after a FlyInside session.

I noticed the reason was some of the field of view and offset values on the graphics tab in XP11 had been changed and I guess this is to give you a correct view in VR. Would have been nice though if these values were restored when you exit out of XP11 again but guess that's hard since you don't quit XP from the FlyInside interface.

How is everyone else dealing with this when you like to run XP11 in both VR and 2D? Of course you can reset these things manually every time but would have been nice if it could be automated in some way. Maybe you can find where these FOV and offset settings are stored and then simply replace that file with a file that has been adjusted for VR or 2D depending on what type of session you want to run.
Richard Åsberg
WebMaximus

Re: The view in 2D screwed up after running FlyInside

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 am

All i do is reset pov in the graphics options page and voila ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: The view in 2D screwed up after running FlyInside

Postby WebMaximus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Tony wrote:All i do is reset pov in the graphics options page and voila ;)

Yep, maybe that's how I'll end up doing it as well. Would just have been nice not having to do this manually whenever you like a 2D session.

Not a big deal though and will still mostly be flying in VR I'm sure once I've got everything set up :)
Richard Åsberg
WebMaximus

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019