SASL insufficient memory crash

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

SASL insufficient memory crash

Postby Natman22 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 am

I posted this on the X-Plane and Aerobask forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this or has any suggestions on what I should try next. I really like the Skyview avionics interface because I have found it to be the easiest to manipulate in the VR environment with the mouse while using the HMD. I would love to get this issue resolved but I cannot thing of anything else to try. I will attach my log text file as soon as I get back to my sim computer. Or, here is a link to the x-plane forum post with the attachment : http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo ... emory-ctd/

I am experiencing a consistent " X-Plane stopped working" message, always occurring after about 5 minutes of flight in the latest ver. Aerobask Eclipse NG and Epic 1000, both using the "Skyview" avionics and XP 11.05. The last line of the attached X-Plane txt.log file reads " (SASL ERROR) Error updating avionics: not enough memory" . These are the only airplanes that I am experiencing this problem with. I posted this over on the Aerobask manufacturers support thread and a forum member directed me to another thread where this issue was being discussed. One of the Aerobask devs posted this comment: " We read apt.dat files for retrieving COM frequencies and the one for prefab 1 is too big: despite we read it line by line, it triggers a memory request bigger than 32 MB in one shot that X-Plane cannot handle properly. Note that other plugins can also interfere, especially Gizmo which also uses lua memory. SASL alone should stop immediately when it happens but there's a bug in XP that makes it crash later instead." I am not using the Prefab 1 plugin orr LUA and I have tried removing all plugins including Gizmo, except SASL but I am still experiencing the crashes. I am using Fly Inside with Oculus, Win 7, i7 4700 @ 4K , 16gig sys ram, Zotec GTX 1070 GPU. The strange thing is, I have not always had these issues with the Skyview avionics. I usually fly over regions where I have orthoXP's. It doesn't seem to matter if I fly VFR or with a flight plan in the FMS. The same is true whether I fly in a densely populated area or in a remote setting. The only thing that I can think of that changed a few days before these crashes started was an NVidia driver update released mid May. They have released another one since then, to which I have updated but the problem persists. I am also using the latest ver. of SKYMAX Pro but the problem persists when I disable this with the other plugins- Autogate, EZ Pushback, RealWeather Connector, Silverlining, x737xpl and XSquawkbox. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Win 10 500G SSD/ i7 4790 @ 4ghz/32gig/ Zotac 1070 mini/Oculus Rift HMD/X-Plane 11.26/ 8Tb orthos
Natman22

Re: SASL insufficient memory crash

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:35 am

Do you have any plans to upgrade to win 10 ? I think that may help you but I'll ask the devs to look into this also but we have recently solved a large memory issue so not a hundred percent sure what's going on.
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Natman22 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Yes, I would have already gone to Win 10 but for a PCI audio interface card that I use for audio production that is also my sim computer that doesn't have win 10 drivers ( I am assuming this is why windows wouldn't allow the update ). If I can find a work around for the card drivers, I will go to 10 as it will allow me to use the full 32gig ram that I installed I'm my computer unaware of the idiotic 16 gig limit of the win 7 "home" edition. :roll: Even at only 16 Gig, I don't think I am hitting the wall with my sys memory. If this SASL memeory conflict is is an issue being worked on I'll just wait it out but I sure hate to leave my Aerobask planes in sitting the hanger while I wait!
Win 10 500G SSD/ i7 4790 @ 4ghz/32gig/ Zotac 1070 mini/Oculus Rift HMD/X-Plane 11.26/ 8Tb orthos
Natman22

Postby Stevil » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:54 pm

I can say at least that there are other Aerobask Eclipse users that have no problems running it in combination with FlyInside. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5803&p=24193&hilit=Aerobask+Eclipse+NG#p24193

This seems to be an issue with your system, I think. The question is: Why?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Natman22 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:07 pm

I have noticed that I can fly X-Plane on the desktop ( non VR) and I don't experience the crash. I am currently trying to re-update to Win 10. Perhaps that will sort it out...
Natman22

Postby Greyman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:26 pm

I can certainly vouch for the Aerobask aircraft working within FI XP and X-Plane 11, although i am currently using 11.02 and not the 11.05 RC version. You might want to revert and see if this might have been introduced in 11.05.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby Natman22 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion greyman. I believe I was having this problem with the prev. version, before the X-Plane beta update last week. Yoyoz over at Aerobask just suggested I use a the dataref editor to monitor the memory usage realtime to see what's hogging the memory. I'll give that a try next if I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks again.
Natman22

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019