Interactive Touch Points not aligned with buttons

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Interactive Touch Points not aligned with buttons

Postby jelder » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:22 pm

I recently purchased flyinside for X-plane 11. I have tried both the default cessna and the baron, and I find that the interactive touch points, i.e. the white boxes do not align with the actual switches or buttons. This is for both the interactive button (purple dot), or the Oculus touch. Is there something I am doing wrong with the view setup?

Thanks.

Jim
jelder

Re: Interactive Touch Points not aligned with buttons

Postby Stevil » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:59 am

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum,

you're not doing anything wrong here.
Since, in terms of how the knob- and buttoncontrols work, a lot of airplanes differ from each other it's pretty difficult to cover all of them with 100% functionality. That said, sometimes those interaction boxes are shifted from the original buttons.

Dan is aware of that and will try to improve on that.

BR
Stephan
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Greyman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:46 am

You might not want to leave it on permanently, as it will reduce immersion, but a few minutes with the 'display clickable areas' option (IIRC) on the general tab in xp11 options activated, you will be able to see exactly where the click-zones are.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby jelder » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks for pointing out that checkbox. It was interesting to see all the interactive points. The problem was even more obvious with that turned on, as the white boxes (FI interactive points) were not even closely aligned with the green boxes (x-plane interactive points). Hopefully this will get addressed soon.

Jim
jelder

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019