steam version xp11 no windowed mode

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

steam version xp11 no windowed mode

Postby beermonster78 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 am

Hi all starting to go a bit mad with this issue.When I load up XP11 it is automatically in fullscreen mode even with flyinside it just streaches the image with no window mode,but its not a window.This in turn means I cannot access any menus in 3rd party aircraft while in VR,also the performance of the sim in FI is very erratic the FPS jumps around like crazy and never really settles even over oceans where there is no autogen to be loaded. Last nite I changed some settings in the xp11.perf and hey presto thought I had found the solution,the sim loaded up in windowed mode and even gave me the option in my display settings to select a windowed mode which I did,all ran smooth and well.Now I was only averaging 35fps but it was holding steady at 35/90 fps in the Rift in a airport,and I could use the menus on my 3rd party aircraft be it on the sim monitor in FI.So bed time came and I shut everything down when I loaded up the sim today its back to where I was unuseable in VR,sure enough I checked the .pref I had altered and it had reset but changing it once more has no effect so I'm at a loss,everytime xp11 is shut down this .Perf file resets so it cant be saved there.If any1 knows how to change resolution to window let me know please,and again for any1 saying just change it in the display settings,I cannot it does not give me a windowed option in the sim,cheers all.
Last edited by beermonster78 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beermonster78

Re: steam version xp11 no windowed mode

Postby Muskoka » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am

I'm new to Flyinside and I'am having the same issue. Deleted Xplanes preferences and all was fine until the next time I started the sim, back to a "full screen" window if that makes sense. And, the "Quit" menu option disappears, and I have to force shutdown Xplane by right clicking the taskbar item and selecting close. Sorry I'm not any help, just someone with the same issues.
P8P67 Pro i7 2600k at 4.5ghz - 16gb DDR3 at 1600 - Zotac GTX1060 6GB Stock clocks - Multiple SSD's and HDD's - 29" Samsung 2560 x 1080 or 3 @ 1280 x 1080 or Oculus Rift - Win 10 Pro 1803
Muskoka

Re: steam version xp11 no windowed mode

Postby beermonster78 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Muskoka wrote:I'm new to Flyinside and I'am having the same issue. Deleted Xplanes preferences and all was fine until the next time I started the sim, back to a "full screen" window if that makes sense. And, the "Quit" menu option disappears, and I have to force shutdown Xplane by right clicking the taskbar item and selecting close. Sorry I'm not any help, just someone with the same issues.

Hi thanks for the suggestion,I did try out ur solution and it did fix the FPS issues,but its still not launching the sim in windowed just a smaller streached resoulution like b4.So unfortunitly this does not solve my issues but thank you for ur suggestion was worth a try.
beermonster78

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019