RELEASED!!! Update for X-Plane v11.10 out now!!!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Do not upgrade to X-Plane v11.10 for now!

Postby Stevil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:54 am

Valen wrote:I do not hunt anyone, but as a customer, I have the right to know how the state of affairs is. V11.10 has been out for 2 weeks, since you should now be able to say how far you are. I believe it is really better to wait until the xplane 11 is vr-ready. Then you do not have the problems. Because it does not work all things, as for example xenviro with flyinside.

The final version of v11.10 has NOT been released yet ;)
All we have is a BETA of v11.10 right now and FlyInside is fully working with the latest final version of X-Plane v11 :)
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby jamie_c » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 am

Anyone on 11.1 should be aware for one it is beta, there are changes to rendering in it that work on nvidia but not amd cards in preparation for official VR support. This may change today, tomorrow, this week and means FlyInside may work on the current beta and not the next.

These changes are substantial and as far as I know, LR isn’t providing FI any information about the specifics outside what we as the public have. Do yourself a favour and read the last 5 dev blogs put out by LR to get an idea of just the rendering stuff they’re trying to do for 11.1 to make VR better. Also watch their presentation from FSC.
jamie_c

Postby admin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi All,

To be clear, we haven't been slacking on this one. If we could've had this working in a day we would've pushed you an update a day after v11.10b1 was available for download. This isn't a small update we can release a quick/easy patch for. I'd almost say it's more intensive than the changes from v10 to v11. For anyone who's into graphics

• 11.10 uses a new method for controlling viewports. As a piece of software which performs viewport doubling for left-eye/right-eye, this is a major change for us to accommodate.
  • 11.10 uses a new method for passing data to shaders. X-Plane 11.05 and earlier would pass matrices to shaders one at a time. Very easy to intercept, very easy to modify in-place (for left-eye/right-eye stereo), very convenient. They're now using UBOs, batched into a giant coherently-mapped buffer. It took us a few days just to figure out how X-Plane 11 worked now, and now we need to make some pretty substantial changes to support the new, much more complex system.
  • With the above two changes come quite a few shader changes we need to deal with.

We're making very solid progress. Our goal is to have an update out so you can all enjoy X-Plane 11.10 in VR this coming weekend (assuming no major setbacks, always a possibility). In general you can't expect to pull a major simulator update and expect it to work with FlyInside right away. When major changes are made to the sim, we need to update our software.

Thanks,
Dan

PS. Props to the X-Plane team! Despite being a bit of a pain for us to accommodate, these rendering changes are a good thing, a nice step forward for modernizing the engine :)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vesku » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you Dan for the thorough explanation! I believe it’s easier for people to wait now. Can we expect any better performance with that new method?

Br. Vesa
CPU Intel i7 6700K - GPU GTX 1080 - RAM 32gb DDR4 - Win 7 Pro 64 - X-Plane 11 - SkyMax Pro 4.6 - Brunner FFB Yoke - PFC Throttle Quadrant - PFC Rudder Pedals
Vesku

Postby Greyman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:38 pm

I will be interested to see if this patch has any effect on the usability of the new FF A320, although i suspect not.

I have a separate install of xp11.10, that now has the A320 loaded and will try that out once you have released the FI XP patch. You never know, it might also solve that issue. :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby ryujin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:50 pm

admin wrote:Hi All,

To be clear, we haven't been slacking on this one. If we could've had this working in a day we would've pushed you an update a day after v11.10b1 was available for download. This isn't a small update we can release a quick/easy patch for. I'd almost say it's more intensive than the changes from v10 to v11. For anyone who's into graphics

• 11.10 uses a new method for controlling viewports. As a piece of software which performs viewport doubling for left-eye/right-eye, this is a major change for us to accommodate.
  • 11.10 uses a new method for passing data to shaders. X-Plane 11.05 and earlier would pass matrices to shaders one at a time. Very easy to intercept, very easy to modify in-place (for left-eye/right-eye stereo), very convenient. They're now using UBOs, batched into a giant coherently-mapped buffer. It took us a few days just to figure out how X-Plane 11 worked now, and now we need to make some pretty substantial changes to support the new, much more complex system.
  • With the above two changes come quite a few shader changes we need to deal with.

We're making very solid progress. Our goal is to have an update out so you can all enjoy X-Plane 11.10 in VR this coming weekend (assuming no major setbacks, always a possibility). In general you can't expect to pull a major simulator update and expect it to work with FlyInside right away. When major changes are made to the sim, we need to update our software.

Thanks,
Dan

PS. Props to the X-Plane team! Despite being a bit of a pain for us to accommodate, these rendering changes are a good thing, a nice step forward for modernizing the engine :)

Very nice explanation ... and give hope in seeing performance improvements in XP11+VR. Keep up with the hard work guys, better a stable patch rather than a quick and super buggy one.
11.05 is super stable for me with FI and I am finally really enjoying flying for hours with it. You guys rock!
My Hardware:
i7 7700K 32GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift

ryujin

Postby Tezza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Greyman wrote:I will be interested to see if this patch has any effect on the usability of the new FF A320, although i suspect not.

I have a separate install of xp11.10, that now has the A320 loaded and will try that out once you have released the FI XP patch. You never know, it might also solve that issue. :)

What's the problem with the FF A320 in VR? I know it's only being released today as a beta to those who 'qualify' (I'm not one :( ) but I'm really looking forward to it in VR. I was considering the P3D FSL one but performance is reported as being poor without VR and the price!

Terry
8700K @ 5.0, Titan X Pascal, 16Gb RAM, Windows 10, TM Warthog with CH Pedals, Vive Pro.
Tezza

Postby Tony » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:34 pm

FF A320 does not work in Flyinside at this time.......until we get our hands on it to see then we cannot help anyone :(
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks for a very detailed response, like other users I eagerly await the release.

Moving forward I know that x-plane are going to do this as part of 11.xx, but looking at the videos I believe that the third party plane authors will also have to update their code to handle the new control "magnets". So as long as you guys keep up with their improved graphics engine I see a long future with FI, for example there is no indication that you will get the desktop access from their implementation that you get now with FI.

It would be nice to have the ability to "walk around" the interior and exterior in FI, the external camera's go a little way but of course moving the cameras has an effect when returning to the cockpit.

Keep up the good work, being a user of both P3d and XP I prefer the XP experience.
I7 3.5Ghz (not overclocked),32GB ram, 1080ti
MarkRussell

Postby Greyman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Tony wrote:FF A320 does not work in Flyinside at this time.......until we get our hands on it to see then we cannot help anyone :(

I've just tried reverting to 3 screens for the FF A320 and there is just no way that is going to work after the luxury of VR. :)
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

PreviousNext

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019