Bug Report - New Beta

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Re: Bug Report - New Beta

Postby Stevil » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 am

Rift Flyer wrote:This entire section of the forum is meant to be dedicated to x-plane bug reporting. Can we get one bug per thread please instead of this one thread for every bug which has suddenly appeared? It's impossible to keep track otherwise. We will end up with long winded threads that are completely disjointed.

I'm 100% with you
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Quijote » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:56 pm

OK, I'll continue on the NO REPLAY bug. I turned off all my plugins except FlyInside and Fly with Lua (with only one script loaded - waterFX which I was testing). The top of the screen says Replay Mode, but there is no slider. Note that I am looking at the 2d monitor, not the VR. With xpolane in 2D, there is a slider. With FlyInside loaded, there is not......
Sure, I can always save a replay and then reload it in 2D xplane to see how it looked, but that's not why we have replay, is it?
ASUS G752 Gaming Laptop with i7 7700 2.8mHz OC to 3.4mHz - 16GB RAM - nVidia 1070 with 8GB - latest Xplane beta and latest FlyInside beta
Quijote

Postby Stevil » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Quijote wrote:OK, I'll continue on the NO REPLAY bug. I turned off all my plugins except FlyInside and Fly with Lua (with only one script loaded - waterFX which I was testing). The top of the screen says Replay Mode, but there is no slider. Note that I am looking at the 2d monitor, not the VR. With xpolane in 2D, there is a slider. With FlyInside loaded, there is not......
Sure, I can always save a replay and then reload it in 2D xplane to see how it looked, but that's not why we have replay, is it?

IMHO there is an fault here with your X-Plane since we never heard of that bug before. I also just tried again: Got the replay slider in nonVR perfectly.
On the official .org forum you also got the reply that the replay-slider is working for another guy while using FlyInside.

My suggestion would be to install a 2nd vanilla installation of XP with the installer. Maybe something is corrupted with your current installation
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Tony » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree with Rift Flyer. One thread per error. On to Quijote, one thing I did was to completely remove fly with lua folder out of xplane and tried that. Then if the problem persists then it'll be xplane. As Stephan said this is a brand new error you're getting and we would like to get to the bottom of it ;)
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby Quijote » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:04 pm

OK, I just renamed the Plugins folder to BakPlugins. Then I created a new plugins folder and put in it FlyInside and several XPML folders that xPlane refused to accept the absence of. Nothing else. I loaded a flight and after 5 minutes asked for a replay. I got the Replay Mode above, but no slider.
In regular xPlane, the slider is present.
I have the latest nVidia drivers, the latest Win 10 update, the latest FlyInside, and the latest Oculus. And xPlane 10.11b5.

BTW, I set the time and date to real time. When I was out walking the dog a while ago, there was a moon. So, I climbed out of the plane and looked around. No moon!
ASUS G752 Gaming Laptop with i7 7700 2.8mHz OC to 3.4mHz - 16GB RAM - nVidia 1070 with 8GB - latest Xplane beta and latest FlyInside beta
Quijote

Postby Stevil » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Like I said: Please install a second separate vanilla X-Plane copy and try it there
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Quijote » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 am

I don't have disk space for another xplane - I already have two loaded.

Here is what I did. I renamed Custom Scenery to Old Custom Scenery and then created a new Custom Scenery with nothing in it. As you remember, the plugins folder contains only FlyInside and a few essential xplane files. I then ran xplane updater and let it overwrite any file that it might find that is different than regular 11.10r5. After doing that, I loaded a flight. No replay slider and no sun! I'm really not trying to be a pain in the ass. I suppose that I could delete my beta version, but it took a long time to move all my scenery and planes into it and get it set up to my tastes......

OK, I'll try to install a new xplane on my external USB hard drive.....
Quijote

Postby Quijote » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 am

OK, 1) I installed plain vanilla xplane 11.10b5 on my USB hard drive. With the beta FlyInside loaded it has no replay slider and no sun.

2) My original copy of 11.05r2 with the FlyInside beta has no sun but DOES have a replay slider. That one has all my usual plugins.

3) My everyday copy of 11.10b5 has no replay and no sun. I'm going to reload my plugins and scenery.

I have entered my xPlane license so many times that I almost know it by heart.
Quijote

Postby Stevil » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 am

Quijote wrote:OK, 1) I installed plain vanilla xplane 11.10b5 on my USB hard drive. With the beta FlyInside loaded it has no replay slider and no sun.

2) My original copy of 11.05r2 with the FlyInside beta has no sun but DOES have a replay slider. That one has all my usual plugins.

3) My everyday copy of 11.10b5 has no replay and no sun. I'm going to reload my plugins and scenery.

I have entered my xPlane license so many times that I almost know it by heart.

Replay slider: Based on that I still guess that there’s a problem with your config and the X-Plane beta.
Sun: Did you try to disable VR optimizations in FlyInside?
HTC Vive
Stevil

Postby Quijote » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:46 pm

I jusst disabled VR Optimizations - it was cloudy, so I don't know if that might produce a sun. It didn't produce a replay slider.

BTW, the xPlane beta has both sun and a replay slider on the 2D screen when I run it directly without FlyInside. I like VR, so I am just reporting this stuff. I can live without it if it isn't going to work....
Quijote

PreviousNext

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019