Saitek Yoke Hat Switch not functioning correctly

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Saitek Yoke Hat Switch not functioning correctly

Postby rwenzel_az » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:50 am

It appears that after adding in the flyinside software, the Saitek yoke hat switch button does not work correctly when not using flyinside and/or the Oculus goggles. Instead of rotating the view up with the up on the hat switch, it rotates the view (rolls it) the down on the hat switch has the opposite affect. I've unplugged the goggles with same results. How can we switch between flyinside settings and non-flyinside x-plane 11. Any suggestions would be welcome.
rwenzel_az

Re: Saitek Yoke Hat Switch not functioning correctly

Postby Greyman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

I have recently been having to fly an aircraft, unfortunately, in 2d across my 3 monitors and found that the easiest way was to have a separate instance of XPlane 11. I installed FI XP on one of the instances, as my VR version and left it out on the second instance, so i could use that for non-VR stuff.

All you then have to do is have an XP shortcut to start the non-VR version and use the FI XP shortcut for the VR version.

It might seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it works for me.
ASUS Hero VIII Motherboard, I7-6700K, EVGA GTX1080FTW, 48GB RAM, Windows 10
Oculus Rift/Touch
Warthog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals
Greyman

Postby littlewiggler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:52 pm

The latest version of XPlane has the ability to have different joystick configurations.
Look at the bottom of the settings box and you will see the options for different mapping.
littlewiggler

Postby Stevil » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:04 pm

littlewiggler wrote:The latest version of XPlane has the ability to have different joystick configurations.
Look at the bottom of the settings box and you will see the options for different mapping.

Good point! Can you please try that mate?
CPU Intel i7 4790K - GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini - RAM 16gb DDR3 Mobo Gigabyte GAMING 5 - Drive 750GB SSD - OS Win 10 x64 - Simulator X-Plane v11.11 RC1
HTC Vive
Stevil

Return to XP11 Bug Reporting Here *Discontinued* 25th Jan 2019