Graphics

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Graphics

Postby 9milpilot » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:45 pm

CPU i7-10700 RAM 32GB GPU-EVGA RTX 3060-12gb Oculus Quest 2 VR HS.

I’ve tried every forum, fix, adjustment in-game and out I can find anywhere and are realizing that fly-inside just isn’t going to give me the graphics im used to with FSX. Cockpits are satisfactory and yet not really eye candy quality. My machine should more than have enough memory and GPU to get more than big round blurry spots for lighting. Runway environment is almost un-distinguishable until short final. In order to keep stutter/jitter from just making me sick I have to turn everything in environment, weather, and terrain to 0. It’s just maddening to land at DFW and there not even be buildings or a terminal. Ok rant over…..

Please give me guidance other than what’s already in the wiki manual on how to fix this. I’m committed to making it work but a dumbass country bumpkin like me has a hard time finding a solution. I’ll be your biggest advocate (and I fly with 1000’s of pilots online) if you can get these graphics to show up like they are suppose to without the sickening jitters. I’ll wait for a reply now.

THANKS!
9MILPILOT
9milpilot

Re: Graphics

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:12 am

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, what addons are active with FSX when you start ? Do you have any camera utilities ? is it the Steam version of FSX ?

Tony
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby 9milpilot » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:19 am

Tony wrote:Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, what addons are active with FSX when you start ? Do you have any camera utilities ? is it the Steam version of FSX ?

Tony

No cameras. It is Steam version. I use vPilot for VATSIM, but that’s a standalone. Also Smartcars for a VA. I do not run any weather generators like ActiveSky although I think it comes with the steam version now. I’ll check it. I have several (like maybe 20) addon pay ware aircraft. Where would I look to see if there is something running that I don’t remember installing? I’ve had FSX since the day it came out and have used many utilities. This install is about 3 years old.

Thanks,
9milpilot

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:18 am

Do you use oculus tool tray or do they have something different now ? ( I use a HP Reverb ) adjust my settings via steam VR for a smooth experience. Your system seems more than capable, if you get a chance can you download our Flight Sim demo and see what thats running like in your headset and with you system.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby 9milpilot » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Tony wrote:Do you use oculus tool tray or do they have something different now ? ( I use a HP Reverb ) adjust my settings via steam VR for a smooth experience. Your system seems more than capable, if you get a chance can you download our Flight Sim demo and see what thats running like in your headset and with you system.

Tony

Hi Tony,

First Thanks for helping.
I use the Occulus app. I have to launch FSX from the flyinside app though correct? I dont think I can launch from inside SteamVR correct?
9milpilot

Postby Tony » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:46 pm

Yes correct, not through steamVR, what tweaks if any are you using to get FSX running smooth in VR ? There are pages and pages on the WWW that may help mate, not sure though, your system should run it just fine.

Tony
Tony F
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Return to General forum