Bad Sound Stuttering

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Bad Sound Stuttering

Postby scottharmes6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what could be causing really bad sound stuttering in Flyinside FSX and P3D. It is pretty much unusable when it occurs, and it doesn't seem to be related to low FPS. I can be getting 50-60 FPS, but the sound continually stutters relentlessly. Sometimes it will be a constantly stuttering mess, and kind of sounds like when you have a bad connection on your headphones or speaker jack or something, and I get the sound you get when unplugging or plugging in audio equipment when it is switched on. Tonight in FI FSX it was switching between good and bad, with a stuttering mess occurring every 3-5 seconds.

Anyone else experiencing this now or in the past. Does anyone know of a solution?

Cheers,
scottharmes6

Re: Bad Sound Stuttering

Postby Tony » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:28 am

This happening in just the sims mate or other programs?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Re: Bad Sound Stuttering

Postby scottharmes6 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:10 am

Hi Tony

It's mostly just in FSX and P3D, and more specifically only with Flyinside. It doesn't happen with the default VR in P3D V3 or P3D V4.

I say mostly, because on rare occasions I will get a few sound stutters when flying in DCS World, and that usually occurs in missions when there are lots of AI. This usually only occurs a few times, and only very briefly.

I'm not sure if stuttering is the right word either, it's kind of like a distorted buzzing, crackling sound, but the sound does also cut in and out.

I was getting very good frames last night in P3D (about 50 FPS when set at 60), as I was flying around Nantucket which is pretty isolated, but the stuttering was really bad. It only seems to be the sound stuttering. I also tried setting the frames to my unlimited, and my regular settings of 30 and 31.

Cheers,

Scott
scottharmes6

Return to General forum