Unable to move virtual windows... help!

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Unable to move virtual windows... help!

Postby Leith » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:28 am

I've recently got my hands on an Occulus Rift CV1 and a copy of FlyInside for FSX and I'm loving it! I'm having a problem with the virtual windows though, and I'm hoping someone can help me. I've not found anything on it on the forums here or elsewhere on the net so I presume it's just user error but can't for the life of me figure it out.

I love the virtual windows and they're invaluable to me but once I load them into the cockpit, I can't move them. The manual says to select the window with the head cursor and using the interact button I should be able to move it around. I've managed to do that once when the head cursor was active although I tend to use the Oculus touch controller for instruments etc, and that seems to disable the head cursor. What I'd like to be able to do is move the virtual windows around using my touch controller but I've tried many times and the windows just won't budge. I've also tried using the mouse but I have the same problem. The only thing I can do with the mouse is hit the 'X' to close the window but I'm unable to move, resize, etc. What am I doing wrong here? Is the only way to manipulate the virtual windows by using the head cursor?
Leith

Re: Unable to move virtual windows... help!

Postby admin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 am

You should be able to move the windows by making a fist with your hand (grip + index finger button), and punching the middle of the window. Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Dan
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to General forum