FlyInside for FSX stalls at loading screen

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

FlyInside for FSX stalls at loading screen

Postby mbar06g@gmail.com » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:11 am

Hi - my first post here. Flew FSX many years ago on monitor using FSX Deluxe Edition with DVDs. Recently reloaded FSX from original DVDs on my new Windows 10 PC (Intel NUC Hades Canyon CPU Intel I&8809G with Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics, Windows version 1903). FSX works fine 'with out of box version'. Upgraded FSX with Service Packs 1 and 2 - everything OK and FSX works fine - reports SP2 installed. FSX is installed in non standard location 'E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X'. Recently bought a Rift S headset - it works fine. Oculus App version 1.42.0.314906.

Wanted to try FSX in VR - so downloaded FlyInside for FSX and installed it. I launch FlyInside for FSX on monitor Oculus app launches, and I get a FlyInside dialog box showing connection of main monitor and headset (both display the Radeon Vega Graphics card, and in my headset I see a virtual screen displaying the FSX Icon and a notation saying "Loading FSX …" then nothing else happens. I've waited several minutes (to see if slow loading) but nothing happens. Have done this several times.

I've read attaching log file from 'C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\FlyInside' can be useful. I have attached log.txt file below.

any help please on how to get FlyInside working. thanks in advance.
Martin
Attachments
log.txt
(17.04 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
mbar06g@gmail.com

Re: FlyInside for FSX stalls at loading screen

Postby Tony » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Hi Martin, whilst the boxed version works great for most, we do seem to have a few user issues with it like you.

What version of Flyinside did you download mate?
Tony F
Customer Support = contact tony@flyinside-fsx.com
FlyInside Inc.
Tony

Postby mbar06g@gmail.com » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:01 am

Thanks for responding Tony. Sorry for delay - was away from PC for 36 hours.

I downloaded file at FlyInside site/Downloads. The web page title was FlyInside FSX Pro 1.96 - for Flight Simulator X, I chose the Oculus Runtime 1.10 button (not sure how runtime version 1.10 relates to Oculus App version 1.42.0.314906). The file name (of the file downloaded) is FLYINSIDE_FSX_PRO_1.96_OVR_1300.exe

I have submitted 2 new posts to this thread - neither has appeared? Assume not yet approved by moderator. Now editing this post to see what happens. 2 new posts haven't added any new information - just looking for any further input to problem.
mbar06g@gmail.com

Postby mbar06g@gmail.com » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am

Hi people,

Anybody have any further thoughts on my problem (described above/below). I've added details of version of FlyInside I have used.
(if no further input, I guess I'll just go to some other software for VR flight.)

thanks Martin
mbar06g@gmail.com

Postby mbar06g@gmail.com » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am

anybody have any input to my problem. I can not get Flyinside with FSX to work in Oculus Rift. app launch just stalls/freezes saying 'loading' inside headset.
mbar06g@gmail.com

Postby mbar06g@gmail.com » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi Dan. There's an earlier post in which I answered the request for version numbers etc, which apparently never got approved. Never mind though I never resolved the issue with FlyInside for FSX, so I abandoned it and went to VTOL VR instead. Got it working fine and been flying for a couple of weeks now.

This issue/topic is no longer current.
mbar06g@gmail.com

Return to General forum