Does the add-on Steam Content work with FlyInside?

Moderators: Tony, Sharkku

Does the add-on Steam Content work with FlyInside?

Postby Derek Speare » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Hello,

That's my question. I've not found anything to help me know, so if you do, do tell. I'm specifically interested in knowing if Steam's F16 add-on for Steam's FSX version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/343953?snr=1_8_4__501

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160?snr=1_8_4__501
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Re: Does the add-on Steam Content work with FlyInside?

Postby Robert » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I don't have experience with that particular airplane, Derek, but I have installed planes from Carenado, Alabeo, A2A Simulations, and Flight Sim Developers, and have yet to break FSX:SE or FlyInside at least to my knowledge.

What has caused issues for me and apparently others is running add-on scenery like Orbx and such with Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0. That seems to cause out of memory errors.

But Dan also has a Kickstarter goal of making it work with specific aircraft so maybe some do cause problems. One that keeps getting mentioned are the PMDG airliners. Apparently their cockpits are so complex it can trip things up somehow but someone else would need to comment as I haven't run any of those.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Postby admin » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:22 pm

I haven't specifically tested any of the Steam Store add-ons yet, maybe someone who has can chime in.

To be more general, certain 3rd party aircraft work flawlessly, others have occasional bugs, and some refuse to work at all :oops: I've heard of some people having a great time with PMDG airliners, others having no luck. I'll be working on support for some of the major aircraft though, like PMDG and A2A. I'll also be fixing others as they are requested and time permits. My hope is that as I improve aircraft support they'll all start working, but you know some airplane is going to do something a little bit extra special that causes conflicts ;)
Your friendly neighborhood developer!
Contact Me: dan@flyinside-fsx.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby Derek Speare » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 am

Robert wrote:I don't have experience with that particular airplane, Derek, but I have installed planes from Carenado, Alabeo, A2A Simulations, and Flight Sim Developers, and have yet to break FSX:SE or FlyInside at least to my knowledge.

What has caused issues for me and apparently others is running add-on scenery like Orbx and such with Oculus runtime 0.6.0.0. That seems to cause out of memory errors.

But Dan also has a Kickstarter goal of making it work with specific aircraft so maybe some do cause problems. One that keeps getting mentioned are the PMDG airliners. Apparently their cockpits are so complex it can trip things up somehow but someone else would need to comment as I haven't run any of those.

Thank you, Robert :)

admin wrote:I haven't specifically tested any of the Steam Store add-ons yet, maybe someone who has can chime in.

To be more general, certain 3rd party aircraft work flawlessly, others have occasional bugs, and some refuse to work at all :oops: I've heard of some people having a great time with PMDG airliners, others having no luck. I'll be working on support for some of the major aircraft though, like PMDG and A2A. I'll also be fixing others as they are requested and time permits. My hope is that as I improve aircraft support they'll all start working, but you know some airplane is going to do something a little bit extra special that causes conflicts ;)

Thank you, Dan - I like the military planes, and your program has breathed much new life and new interest in FSX! It's renewed my own interest in it as well. I would like to run the TacPack and Superbug with FSX as well as the Steam version of the F16. I still need to install all of it and want to make sure I am prepared as best as I can be.
Derek "BoxxMann" Speare - An old "sim head"
System: i7-5930k | GTX980ti | Evo850 1tb | 32g ram | 2-DSD Button Boxes | Latest OH | CH Sticks | Win10 Pro | FSX:SE | P3D2.5/3 | XP v10/v11 | Leap Orion | CV1/WMR/DK2

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com
Derek Speare

Postby MK84 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:34 am

The only addon that's unflyable in for me FlyInside FSX at the moment is Just Flight's Tornado GR1. Low FPS even without FlyInside.
Oculus Rift - HTC Vive - FSX SE - Prepar3D - X-Plane 11 - Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7-4790K - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - TM HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind - Pro Flight Trainer PUMA
MK84

Postby Robert » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:19 pm

On the fps issue, the Carenado planes also seem to drop rates a bit. Not sure why. The A2A planes I've tried and the Flight Sim Developers P-38 don't seem to cause much of a hit. But the best rates seem to be with the stock planes but they also generally have lower detail.
HTC Vive Pro/P3D/DCS/X-Plane
Orbx FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, scenery, airport packs
Robert

Return to FSX Bug Reporting Here